Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your carb question........

Hello All..........hey daigostang you will probably get some recommendations on going to a 650DP on your application........As long as ya have the 5 speed tranny I would reccommend a 650 DP also...........It just seems they work better and ya know when the secondarys are open........750 vacumes are great carbs also though..........I attatched a link below to my BIGS 650 Stage 3 carb ya can look at..........Thanx alot, Jesse

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876355975

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
A 650DP on a .040 over 10.5:1 351?

I'd go with at least a 750DP.

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
What is the intended, or current RPM window of the engine. ANd what is your intended use for the car?

A street car likes a little less carb, lots more signal, lots of throttle response, really makes you feel like you've got a fast car.

On the other hand, a drag car with race WOT performance only intentions will benefit with a large, no restriction carb.

BUT..... what are the RPM window, and what is the car used for?

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's just math guys, take the inchs x the max rpm and divide it by 3456. and you have the max air your "pump" will move. For the street, add 50 to that number and you have the biggest carb you need. And be realistic, you can always lie to your buddy and tell him its an 850.

CStraub

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is a drag car that will get driven on the street on sunday nights for cruises, slicks and all. the motor wont spin too high maybe 6500 rpm or so, and thanks for everyones quick reply!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a Holley 750HP on my car and think it's great.

I wasn't sure what to use at first either. So I called Holley, told them what I had and they told me what model number to order.

They do know what they are doing. If you need the phone number, let me know.

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
Chris, Your running my hero status here.....

Anyhow, with that RPM window your looking at a 670 CFM carb for a really head snapping piece, something along the Holley Avenger line.

But if its race only, up to a 750 wont "kill" you, itll free the flow up for top end, and vacume signal wont hurt for street driving. If you really want to WOW em at the car show, get the baby dominator. THe lil 750 dominator would really aid in front runner fuel distrobution, and as Chris said, you could always fib and tell em its a 1050.

IF yuor determined to stay square bore bound then the lil 750HP is a nice setup. two circuite air bleed adjustability with 4 corner idle mixture adjustment. For economy you can stick with front and rear power valves and tune them for the driving you do, or block the secondary side with a Holly available plug and just jet for WOT fuel flow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts