Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
If it were me and I were building the baddest small block I could think of, my build would be this.

New Dart block with the taller deck, I believe they have a 11.2 deck small block now that could make it to over 600 cu/in with the larger bore spacing. Id put heavily worked Hammerhead heads on it. Higher compression pistons with methanol and a big single turbo if you cant run twins. Custom intake and all that jazz. I think that would be in the neighborhood of 3000hp considering the smaller cu/in versions with the 9.5 deck motors can make 2-2500hp with those heads. I obviously dont have experience with this type of motor, but Ive been heavily thinking about buying a set of hammerhead heads. I love the looks and performance they give. If it werent for covid taking a hit on work, I would of already done it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I was under the impression the current competitive cars in the class are capable of well over that. Soft off the line and ramp it in FLYING out the back under absurd power to steal the stripe. Not going to run near the time 3,000 hp should on top notch track prep. Maybe I’m wrong???
With the weight advantages it would make up for a decent amount, the current cars make more power but on no prep tracks none can put it down so they are having to bring it in slower. With the big weight advantage it would get off the line better and be able to use more of the power earlier on. I cant say whether it would compete or not, but on paper it sounds good lol

·
Registered
607 Posts
Lol....I've already mentioned a Kaase engine to him. My neighbor use to race PDRA mountain motor pro stock, he's retired now and has a spare Kaase 820ci engine and Liberty 5 speed trans just sitting in his garage. He will sell it but it ain't cheap by no means, 100k+ for engine and trans.
That all? Shoot give me 3! On a side note why does he want so much when you can buy brand new directly from Kaase for cheaper? Last I looked (its been a little bit) I could of swore his big inch stuff was in the 30-40k range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts