Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 95 GT - It's automatic, it's got tons of miles and It's not gonna last long hahaha, looking to build it into a beast. It's my friend's car and he wants to know what he can do to it with 18grand... nitrous, supercharged whatever. Just has to be fast and reliable and fuel injected. Something based off a 351W looks like the ticket. This money must include suspension, rearend, and transmission. Thanks.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Not much maybe a K&N..lol

The options are endless dude
Stroker, Supercharged, Turbo, H/C/I, blah blah

·
Registered
123 Posts
hello with 18 grand take that bitch to a local speed shop and say here.. I want it fast and will be back in a month..

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turbo is out... the 18k includes suspension and everything... this car can't just be a motor and zero hook.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no I'm not kidding, he sold a supra. Already paid a few bills and got a new car/toy.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Dart based stroker (331 or 347)
AFR heads (205s)
Custom Cam
Holley, Trickflow, or Edlebrock Intake
Turbo or Supercharger
TKO
Suspension like above
Slicks

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, but what about a R351 based motor?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or R302 motor?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
IMO the Dart blocks are better than the FRPP blocks. 408 or 418 stroker would be the way to go if you're going to buy a racing block anyway.

8K-10K for the motor
3k-4K for the tranny
1K for the rear
1K-2K for suspension depending on what you want to do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why would your friend sell a Supra to mod a Mustang? Well I can understand if it wasn't TT and he needed to pay some bills.

But around here I see Mustangs everywhere, but a Supra would grab my attenion and I'll admire it. Pretty rare, think their market vaule is around the 20k+ range, as opposed to their blue book value which is much lower. One of the few imports that people in all different car communities respect.

Opps, sorry about that, but with 18k+ his willing to spend the stang, it is more than enough to make it into a beast. Personnally I'll want to be unique and spend must of it on suspension and make it into a curve hugging porsche eater :D It'll be the Pinto sleeper of the 1/4 track.

Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
856 Posts
what are his intentions with the car? you said reliable so id imagine this is a car that will see at least moderate street time? is he gonna autocross or drag race or both? 18 grand is enough to do jsut about anything conceivable (reasonably conceivable anyway). Personally id go with a 351 based stroker, whatever heads and intake you want as long as their big ports like 205 or 225's and your power adder of choice. for tranny, stick with a built auto like a c4 or something. bulletproof the rear end, and then concentrate on making the exterior a little more unique. uness he's wanting the sleeper look, i think with 18K he should make the car stand out and have his own personal "flavor" to it

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
this car can't just be a motor and zero hook.
Hold it, wait, he just owned a Supra, right? (He just answered his question sort of)...That platform has better all around traction & power for a high HP street/strip car.

Ok, guys can spend on upwards of 35K to get a Supra in the 700whp+ daily driver[b/] range, that's not including the car itself. Unless this will be a dedicated race car (dragstrip), I say spend that 18K on 01+ Cobra instead :) BUT if he's already got the 95, definitely go Stroker-Dart 302 (lighter than a Dart 351) forged setup and some nitrous to start out--that's a good 6-8K right there. Spend the rest on getting it to hook and thensome.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The car must be a daily driveable car so spools are out and no tubs. He got tired of the supra as it was nothing from a dig and he never got to experience any hooks or wheels up from digs, the car was essentially crap because electronics, stall convertor issues(3800rpms and no go below.) It may look nice but if it can't do anything from a stop it really isn't all that fun to drive and not everyone likes to go from 100rolls etc etc.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts