Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at getting a new camshaft and all the goodies that go along with one, but my question was WHICH one to get? I see all these Ford Racing ones, but I've heard don't go with the alphabet cams, so I'm not sure where to turn and what to look for in the cam.
Im going for as much low end power as I can that still transfers into high end well. I don't want my power gain to be after 4000rpm, I would prefer before 2000rpm if possible and maybe still gain all the way through 4000-5000rpm. By the time I get a new cam I will have a full exhaust with long tube headers, and a cold air intake, other than that my car is a bone stock 95 GT 5.0.
Let me know what ideas any of you have, because I'm 100% lost.

·
Old timer
6,170 Posts
Ive been looking at getting a new camshaft and all the goodies that go along with one, but my question was WHICH one to get? I see all these Ford Racing ones, but I've heard don't go with the alphabet cams, so I'm not sure where to turn and what to look for in the cam.
Im going for as much low end power as I can that still transfers into high end well. I don't want my power gain to be after 4000rpm, I would prefer before 2000rpm if possible and maybe still gain all the way through 4000-5000rpm. By the time I get a new cam I will have a full exhaust with long tube headers, and a cold air intake, other than that my car is a bone stock 95 GT 5.0.
Let me know what ideas any of you have, because I'm 100% lost.

Easy - one of my custom profiles -

:lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright... Well, how do I know what grind to get and how much would that cost roughly? Do they come with all the lifters and such needed for the swap?

·
Old timer
6,170 Posts
Alright... Well, how do I know what grind to get and how much would that cost roughly? Do they come with all the lifters and such needed for the swap?
You just go to the web site, place an order for a custom Ford camshaft and submit the Cam Tech form. Once the design in completed and peripherals are picked, you just order through the site per the quoted recommendations.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I take all that back, I only have one question now, will they come with the lifters and so on needed with them? Or do you just have a set of recommended ones i should get?

·
Old timer
6,170 Posts
I take all that back, I only have one question now, will they come with the lifters and so on needed with them? Or do you just have a set of recommended ones i should get?
Everything is ala carte... when you visit the site, you'll see a ton of options. Still need the info first before a recommendation/quote.

No "kits" since most applications require their own peripherals. In terms of lifters, I have been using Morel link bars on 99% of my builds. Reliable, trouble-free and made in the USA quality.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Everything is ala carte... when you visit the site, you'll see a ton of options. Still need the info first before a recommendation/quote.

No "kits" since most applications require their own peripherals. In terms of lifters, I have been using Morel link bars on 99% of my builds. Reliable, trouble-free and made in the USA quality.
Hey Ed, what's with the lunati voodoo and comp xe cams for sbf on your fti site?

·
Old timer
6,170 Posts
Hey Ed, what's with the lunati voodoo cams on your fti site?
I have been selling the "catalog" grinds for a while now. Having them listed on the site makes it easier for a customer to pick something they like, order it and get it to them.

More and more of these part number camshafts will be added as time permits. Can't let those Ohio mail order places get all the catalog camshaft sales. ;)

BTW - working with Lunati to revise some of the Voodoo line as we speak. They are very open to new ideas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts