Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am refreshing a stock shortblock. I have a set of GT40 irons from a 1995 Cobra. These are 60k mile take offs. I also have a GT40 intake I picked up for cheap. I am going to run this combo for a while and have it in my head that I am going to use the stock cam with the 1.7 rockers I already own. Maybe retard the cam 2 degrees. Is there a better (tried and true) cam for this basic combo? I want something with good driveability (hence my idea of the stock cam). I am I on the right track, or is there a good cam for this combo? Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
For a budjet cam I would say Crane 2031 for a mild setup or If you want to spend more on a cam I've heard a lot of good things about the Crower 15511 and it would also work good with 1.7's

·
Registered
700 Posts
I like the crane 2031. It's called the 'cobra cam' cause it was basically made for this combo (1.7 cobra roller rockers, GT40 heads)...

There's newer cams, with more aggressive lobes, but they'll cost ya. You can get the 2031 cam kit (with springs etc) for $210. Great bang-for-the-buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts