Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
So what carb. do you think is good? I'm thinking of getting an 850 Demon/BG carb (the one for $499 at Summit)
What's the difference between these two carb's?
One says,
Part #: GPT-5563010GC
"850 cfm, general competition design (GC), down leg boosters, square flange, Mighty Demon carburetor"

Part #: GPT-5563020GC
"850 cfm, general competition design (GC), annular discharge boosters, square flange, Mighty Demon carburetor"

Which one should I get, and which one of those two?

I'm planning on running the engine (393) naturally aspirated for a while, and then later finish the turbo project w/ a larger single turbo, and modify the carb. for a blow-thru per the instructions on www.turbomustangs.com :)

The turbo may not be on there for a year or more, but hopefully as soon as possible :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Anuular boosters look like the one that come on the Dominator/King Demons...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but what's the difference? either one better than the other? :D

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
???

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Use a holley it's easier to get the parts to convert it for blow-thru down the road.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do the Demon/BG have anything superior over a Holley?

·
Registered
986 Posts
FordFreak300 said:
Use a holley it's easier to get the parts to convert it for blow-thru down the road.
what parts in particular?
the demons come with solid floats, so they don't need to be changed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
For a blow through carb I would look into CSU, I hear they are one of the best companies out for blow throughs......

other wise I'd look into a Pro-Systems carb

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could I obtain a CSU or ProSystems for $500ish? I realize there are carbs that already come blow-thru modded, but they're $800 at the cheapest. I was looking at the "$499" carbs as this is a street car, so I don't need an all out race carb :D

Would 750 or 850 be better on the street? Would a 750 give better torque for a 393? I'm not too schooled in carbs, though I'm learning.

Now I'm looking at the Pro Topline heads and they have me jumping! :joy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts