Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've ran my yellow top dead tons of time, my Alt died and for a week i'd just charge my battery at night and it would get me around for the day.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
If anyone is interested in taking some weight out of their car (instead of just shifting it around,) look into the Hawker Odssey line of batteries. I run a PC680 in my race car. It is TINY and weighs only a few pounds, yet it has no problems cranking my race motor. (The 680 was originally designed for Honda Goldwings and other large-displacement motorcycles and has plect of cold-cranking amps, but the reserve is a bit small -- keep it on a battery tender and you'll have no problems.)

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
If anyone is interested in taking some weight out of their car (instead of just shifting it around,) look into the Hawker Odssey line of batteries. I run a PC680 in my race car. It is TINY and weighs only a few pounds, yet it has no problems cranking my race motor. (The 680 was originally designed for Honda Goldwings and other large-displacement motorcycles and has plect of cold-cranking amps, but the reserve is a bit small -- keep it on a battery tender and you'll have no problems.)
The Odyssey 1200LMJT is the one I am looking at for my Stang.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now I know this is old, like really old, but i work at Advance, and have dual auto degrees, and im running a Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance in my SN95. '95 5.0, not that it matters. 800 CCA, 1000CA red top. height is fine, just like half an inch longer than the battery tray. 10 seconds with a pliars to the tray and it fits fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ran a red top for 10 years in my fox, till it finally died.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts