Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of you are running to get a estimate or an idea of what I should aim for or hope for. All my mods are in my sig, I know i've seen a lot of you guys post your times. So help me out. My roomate thinks a Stock GT is only good for a 14.5 in the 1/4 which is rediculous. I know they've been in the 14's but I also know I've seen stock GT's in the 13's.

·
Registered
158 Posts
depending on your tires, weight deduction, and driving skill, anywhere from 13.2 to 13.5. it takes practice though.

-chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ran a 14.2 @ 98 on my first and only time out in my 00gt and that was with a 2.1 60' and not having any idea how diff. the 4.6 and 5.0s power bands are so I know in the spring that time will drop and that is stock all the way to the filter

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a '00 GT auto vert and my best time is a 14.49. I have 3.73 gears and a chip. My goal is to get in the 13's by the end of the summer. Not sure if I can do it but I am going to give it a shot.

Paul

·
Registered
527 Posts
CBudweiserC said:
Just wondering what some of you are running to get a estimate or an idea of what I should aim for or hope for. All my mods are in my sig, I know i've seen a lot of you guys post your times. So help me out. My roomate thinks a Stock GT is only good for a 14.5 in the 1/4 which is rediculous. I know they've been in the 14's but I also know I've seen stock GT's in the 13's.
With what you car has now you could run around the 13.5 mark with some good traction, maybe even a few tenths lower. That is very optimistic considering I do not know your driving skills, but it should be do able with the right driver and track. It will tough with your suspension setup though. Your setup is on the stiff side which makes getting traction tough. My car has run a 13.72 with just 15" drag radials, underdrive pulleys, and a MAC prochamber. My car ran about 14.1 with stock tires and just the Prochamber, however at that point I did not have any driving skills. Just a little note, traction makes all the difference in the world. A good 60' time will really cut down on your 1/4 mile times. The rule of thumb is something like for every 1/10 in the 60' you gain about 2/10 at the end of the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Times are in sig for one of the quickest non-PI N/A 96-98 GT's:

And I plan on hitting 13.5xx's this year, before summer. :D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
My only time to the track with my 03 I ran a best of 14.3 @ 97 with a 2.2 60. If I had some traction it would of obviously been better.

·
Registered
372 Posts
See sig.

If the track is prepped good enough Friday night, I fully expect to beat that time by a tenth or so. Should be close to -1800ft DA here in Houston!! WOOHOO!! :joy:

Eric

EDIT : I killed my old best by MORE than TWO tenths. DA was in the -1900-2000 ft range. New time in sig....

·
Registered
894 Posts
The last time I ran the 99 in the 1/4 it went a 13.15 @ 101.72 w/ a 1.74 60'. Those times were on pro stars w/ et streets.

Mods:
Longtube headers w/ h-pipe
4.10 gear
Diablo chip
flowmasters

·
Registered
297 Posts
See sig.:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
13.82 @ 100.1 with timing @ 4 (not 14)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
My 00 has gone a best of 13.78 @ 100MPH on stock Good Years and no mods.:) With the listed mods, and a 125 shot (still on the same Good Years) I have gone a fastest 12.4 @ 111MPH (without gears, chip, injectors).:joy: :joy: :joy:
With your mods you should easily see low 13's once you get used to driving it. But hang in there, your first few runs will probably be disapointing:( Mainly because you will probably spin like crazy, miss 3rd, and shift like a girl. That's not your fault, once you work out your nerves and decide to beat the hell out of your car, it'll fly:D Don't take offence to this, I'm just telling you what happens to most people on their 1st runs.
Driving is everything;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:
Should be close to -1800ft DA here in Houston!! WOOHOO!! :joy:
That is absolutely insane!!! :eek: With DA's like that, I'm surprised you guys in stock GT's don't run 12's down there in Houston, etc. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Calvert2812V said:
That is absolutely insane!!! :eek: With DA's like that, I'm surprised you guys in stock GT's don't run 12's down there in Houston, etc. :D
Well, that might explain some of the 13.70's we get down here in stock GT's. My car went 13.52 @ 100 MPH (1.91 60ft) with no other mods other than the 4.10's, but the air was only around +150ft DA. If I have time tomorrow night, I may make a final street tire pass to see what kind of MPH I can put up. :D

Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
These times are insane for nearly stock GT's. I can tell that weather plays a huge role in the performance times of these cars. I'd like for one of those stock GT's to come down to the Rio Grande Valley and try pulling a 13.xx on a pass. Good driving / Stock GT down here is pulling 14.30's. After the first post I figured I had to have been reading a BS reply. But as they built up it's pretty unreal. Pullies, Timing Adjuster, Slicks/Skinnies, Exhaust, X-pipe are pulling 13.7's. So over $1.5k to pull in 13's. While you're doing it w/out it. That's just fscked up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
check my signature
with original tires

1 - 19 of 19 Posts