Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do a search but it wasnt working for me so here goes...

I just got done putting in a griffin radiator and ramcharger fan setup. Now I need a catch can for the track. What are you guys running and where did you mount them?

I am looking for something cheap and easy

Thanks
Shaun

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought the summit one and mounted it in the wheel well near the radiator fill. One little tip to avoid the scrutiny of tech officials is use a real catch can and mount it nicely. If you pull into tech with a mountain dew 20 oz bungied to the radiator, they will start looking for other cobbled stuff, and look at your car much harder.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Plain RCI 1 quart catch can mounted to the left hand frame rail for now. Nothing fancy but it works well and was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
86 4 eye, 410 stroker, holley sniper, T70 single turbo, lentech aod, xbrake, 3.55's, k member, 5 lug
394 Posts
advanve auto sells a little plastic one that can be mounted 2 ways with the brackets. well, they loosely define as brackets, lol. it costs
$6, great for a barf can, too. i've got 2 of 'em , side by side, right over on top of the frame rail. you can also see through them. you could also screw them to your shroud.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Empty bottle of brake fluid turned upside down for easy dumping.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am using a stock coolant return bottle that is mounted in the left front fender behind the headlight.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm using the overflow tank off of a '78 Thunderbird. It is mounted where the stock airbox was and the bracket is even the one from the T-bird re-bent a little bit. Works fine and doesn't look to bad (It has been cleaned up since that pic was taken). Cost = free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts