Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of 4" skinnies on the front of my Cobra and had to use a 1" wheel spacer of course. So what do I do about the wheels sticking out of the wheelwells now? It looks getto and I don't even want to take the car out like this. I remember reading in a mag where they swapped to fox body a-arms to bring the wheels in but I don't remember the issue. Now I've been told that I'd have to use a fox rack and pinion to do that. Is there an easier way than taking apart the whole front end? I've seen plenty of Cobras w/ skinnies, I just need to know what they're doin... Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I swapped the front brake system with a GT owner yesterday and problem fixed...I only have to use one 7/16 spacer now:) and the front tuck in now with me 15x3.5 pro stars......DA snke boy!!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure that that will even work for me. I have the Telstars which use regular lug nuts. I tried using a 7/16 spacer on the rear so I wouldn't have to grind the caliper(only the drivers' side for osme reason) and the lug wasn't long enough to reach the lugnut. I guess because the nuts aren't shanked like the ones used w/ Welds. So if I switched to GT brakes on the front I'd probably still need the longer studs to use the 7/16 spacers. Right now I use 1" bolt-on spacers that have the lugs made into them. But like I said, it looks hella-stupid, lol.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I have Bogarts that are custom made to clear cobra brakes, and they don't stick out.

Another option is to switch to the Baer Serious Street brakes. They use the same caliper as the cobra, but a smaller rotor so they'll fit in 15" wheels.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the only difference in the Bogarts were that they had a 1" spacer welded to the back of them instead of bolting them to the hub like mine. Wonder why they wouldn't stick out. Do you use the 3" studs w/ those?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
regular studs with deep shank lugnuts, and the Bogarts are only 3.5" wide, plus they are fully positive (i think) offset. They are flat as a pancake, with no real lip on them.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

I guess there's a little tiny lip, but only about a half inch.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I agree with Charles... My Bogarts don't stick out past my fenderwell whatsoever.. That was my only concern when I was going to get skinnies and Bogart assured me they wouldn't look like they were sticking out. They were right cause I have seen others that stick out way too far.

I have ARP 3.5" studs on mine all the way around.

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts