Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting an off road h pipe later this week and was wondering what the lines on the pipe are from- smog pump? Do i need them or can i just plug them up on the pipe?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
They are the smog pump lines. You can plug them up, but you should remove the smog pump as well.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It feeds air into the exhaust to help it be cleaner blah blah blah you get the idea. Use a piece of heater hose w/ two hose clamps to reattach. It isn't going to hurt your performance to hook it up.

I say hook it up.

·
15,477 Posts
Or you could go ghetto and just plug it up with an old lug nut like I did :D

For whatever reason, if you DON'T plan to hook it back up, at least plug it, better yet, run a short belt, or even BETTER get rid of all the smog **** :D

If you don't plug it it makes an annoying sputtering put put put put sound :mad:

You'll have to pinch off the tube on your new H-Pipe as well if you don't use it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It blah blah blah, puts oxygen(air) into the cat, to help burn the left over hydrocarbon(fuel). You wont be needing it with out a cat.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yup! Its just an air line from the smog pump. For some unknown reason, mine came off the other day and I thought I had a header leak or a hole in a muffler or something, but after looking, the hose had come off the H-pipe. Not only did it sound awful, (tick tick tick putt putt putt) but the car lost some power.

Anyway, once I get off my lazy butt, ill go grab some rubber tubbing and clap it back together.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dave88 - you are right - that is pretty ghetto!!!!! LOL.

Hey, are those FMS SS headers with Stage 8 locking bolts?? They look nice.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It is the oxygen line the changes your exhaust from carbon monoxide two carbon dioxide through your platinum catalytic convertor ok.....lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another question, does it jsut bolt up or is there any welding involved? oh yeah...and what is the hts coating? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts