Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to get ideas on some shocks and struts that are affordable but will benefit me at the track as well as on the street. I care more about the track than how it rides on the street, but i just dont know what to chose. If i went lakewoods what would be a good choice for my daily driver... thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I ran Lakewoods on a street-strip car for a long time. Good for track and not too bad on the street. Stick with the 70/30's in the front if it's a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
70/30's up front with 50/50 rears. If you can afford adj. check out the Strange engineering. Not bad on prices either. I beleive theyre around 115 each , compaired to 89 each for Lakewood.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I run stock springs all the way around, and Lakewood 90/10's on the front, and Lakewood 50/50's on the back. I still have my sway bar. I did 150 mph last night, and was cruising at an average of about 110 on the way home last night (it was 3 am, and there was nobody on the road) and the car didn't sway or wander a bit, and the cowl hood didn't fly up with no hood pins in it.

The 90/10's are fine for the street with stock springs, but I think that with drag springs, it might get a little hairy. My car transfers weight very well for still having stock springs.

Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts