Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have talked about moving down there in the future and I'm just curious if they do emission testing and if so, how strict is it?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Emissions testing eliminated a few years ago.

·
Registered
381 Posts
a little off topic but, what are the laws regarding having a front plate on the car. Also do you have to wait for personalized plates. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
207 Posts
No front plate. When I got my car reg. in Florida, they took 2 of my "out of state plates" and gave me only one new plate back. Not sure what the lead time is on a personalized plate.

·
Registered
381 Posts
89 GT said:
No front plate. When I got my car reg. in Florida, they took 2 of my "out of state plates" and gave me only one new plate back. Not sure what the lead time is on a personalized plate.
great, I want to register the car there, my parents just moved there and I wont have to worry about emmisions:D because I wont pass the sniff test in NJ. I just dont know if the police here will like having it reg. and ins. in fla and me having a NJ DL:eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread, but current FL law requires that you have a FL driver's license to get FL insurance. When transferring your license to FL you have to surrender your out of state license. NJ is included in this list below.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/faqkeys.html#OOS

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can get around that law since I'm in the military. It has been nice here not having to put the emissions stuff back on every 2 yrs to get a test like in California where I was stationed for 7 yrs.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blown88GT said:
Emissions testing eliminated a few years ago.
:joy: I'm glad about the no front plate law, too. I've been pulled over for that here in IL :rolleyes: Of course that was about 7 years ago and I still don't have a front plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts