Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Um, www.summitracing.com www.jegs.com

Those are all you should need and for the love of God do NOT buy the flowtech pipe!!!! Unless you want about 2 inches of ground clearence lol. Damn thing runs the crossover UNDER the tranny. I got a MAC pipe and I like it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a Dr. Gas and like it....but you have to have it all welded up. If you don't like that check out Magnaflow. They have a new one with or without cats.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Shawn95GTRag: how was the fitment of that vrs x-pipe? on their site it says they dont have a 94-95 specific one.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
chaos2543330 said:
Shawn95GTRag: how was the fitment of that vrs x-pipe? on their site it says they dont have a 94-95 specific one.
It fits the car awesome. The cat pipe actually sits up higher than the off-road Pro Chamber it replaced.

I did have a problem with it fitting my headers though. Others with Mac long tubes didn't have the problem I did so it must have been a fluke. VRS paid for the costs of having my pipe 'fitted' to my car which involved spreading the tubes at the header side about 2 1/2". Aside from the header end the pipe fits the car awesome right outta the box.

See pics:

The top pipe is the Mac Pro Chamber and the Bottom is the VRS Cat X-pipe out of the box.

I have talked to a couple people on here who said their VRS pipe bolted right up (even with Macs) so if I were doing it over I'm be sure to tell them it's for a '95 Mustang with Mac Long tubes, 17 1/2" on centers, 5-speed'

I told them '95 Mustang with Mac Long Tubes.

Even with the problems I had, I'd do it again. VRS's customer service post-sale was excellent. The pipe fits the car awesome and the sound is great.

My only gripe about the cat x-pipe was that there was no provision for the smog tube to hook up to. They assured me that it wasn't necessary for the cats to function but without that tube connected it makes a nasty noise under the car when the valve opens and air starts coming out of the tube.

I'm gonna get some pics of it on the car soon as I need to crawl under the car and shoot my new MM full-length subframe connectors with some rattle can paint.

Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts