Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first time at the track in at least two years, first time driving a stick at the track ( I have been driving manual transmissions for a while, never at the track), and I pulled off a 13.92 @99 mph with a 2.1 60'. This is on my bone stock 04 GT that only has about 800 miles on it. I am pretty impressed, now I just have to get better at my launches and making them more consistent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
atleast u can go to the track! Nice run on BONE stock car! ****, I got to run and get this ugly 14.0 out of my profile!

·
Registered
807 Posts
those are awesome times man good job......
Dave

·
Registered
846 Posts
Comp. Orange GT said:
Well, my first time at the track in at least two years, first time driving a stick at the track ( I have been driving manual transmissions for a while, never at the track), and I pulled off a 13.92 @99 mph with a 2.1 60'. This is on my bone stock 04 GT that only has about 800 miles on it. I am pretty impressed, now I just have to get better at my launches and making them more consistent.
Dang good! 13.92 @99...my car ran 14.06 at 99 mph.. since the speed is there, maybe I can manage a high 13 run stock.

I see ADJM ram a 14.04 @ 101 MPH.

You must have had a perfect launch ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The track was hooking really good at first, b/c they were spraying a crap load of VHT down, but as the day progressed my 60' were looking pretty rough, like around 2.2-2.4. I think I might invest in some ET streets or some Drag radials.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thinking of getting some ET streets or some DR's for my car to see if I could get a more consistent launch. My 60' ranged from the best of 2.1 to a worst of a 2.5, and quarter mile best of 13.92 to a worst of 14.46. I wish I could remember how I did the launch on that first run which was my 13.92, the rest of the day I tried to get better, but just could not get the launch like I did the first run.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow! 13.92 first time out with a stick in a stock GT with only 800 miles on the clock?? That's fantastic! If you had some reasonably sticky tires, you'd be able to knock a couple more tenths off! 2.1 60' times are quite decent, just the same. Like someone else said... where where you shifting it at? Congrats again, man!

Dale

·
Registered
54 Posts
how do you launch and when do you shift??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well on my first launch, I think I brought it up to around 2000rpm's or so and then I was shifting it around 5800rpm's, I did not want to bring it up to redline yet, since it only has 800 miles on it. My other launches sucked, I just could not get my car to hook and I was pretty much doing the same as the first time. My friend was telling me to powershift the car, but I think I do pretty good with out doing that, since the car got a little squirley shifting second and barked the hell out of third gear every time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I did not dump the clutch, I just feathered the clutch so I could keep the revs up, then just let it out and quickly put my foot to the floor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No I did not dump the clutch. I just brought up the rpm's to around 2000 and feathered the clutch, then when I compeletely let the clutch out I put my right foot to the floor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts