Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its red and has only 14,000 miles, Im pretty sure they will lower the price some after negociating. Is this a good deal Im thinking of going down tomorrow and making an offer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
LOL! I wish mine was worth that much.

That's way too much. I paid less($28,900) than that for my new 01 back in May of 2001. True, I got mine on Ford's X-plan but they are out of their minds asking that much for a used one.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw 3 of them in my local trader for $24,000 each. All 01's. I paid $27,600 new so I think $30,000ish is a bit high.

·
Registered
305 Posts
98KAK4V said:
LIGHTNINROD,

What is Ford's X-Plan and who qualifys?

Thanks.

Kurt
Ford employees are given x-plans. They can 'gift' one to a friend, etc. Sometimes, a Ford employee will offer one to someone on one of the BBs.

Some 'associations' have an agreement with Ford to allow their members to be issued a x-plan. I got mine through www.EAA.com They now require you to be a member for a year before they will issue you a PIN that allows you to get a x-plan. Here is a good link for EAA:http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:LnHeDaAJO4sC:www.eaa.org/+experimental+aircraft+association&hl=en&start=1&ie=UTF-8

Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's too much for an '01...I just purchased an '01 Black L (from a Ford dealer) for $23K w/24,500 miles which appears to be the going price around metro Atlanta.($23K to $25K). The trucks are AWESOME!! Especially, compared to the '98 GT which I still have and will likely keep. No matter what you have to pay it's worth it though...if you can get a good one. Looks like I did, so far!!
:)

Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Too much money if you ask me. I got my 02' L for $28,524 it had 66miles and was new in the showroom. Look around at the dealerships in your area. I got another offered to me for $29,524, these prices are under invoice which is better than the X plan some of the other guys are talking about. I promise you that because I'm eligible for that plan by being an AT&T employee. It was cheaper to plot the dealerships against each other and let them compete a little. The A- plan if you can figure out a way to get it is the only way to buy a new Ford. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have mine forsale if your interested:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232086

'02 Silver Lightning
I have decide to replace my 02 Lighting with either a 03 Cobra or a 03 Lightning and new racecar. Not 100% sure which way I am going yet.

Well here is the details of the truck.

It is a Silver 02 Lighting with 5800 miles on it, very well maintianed. I just did its third oil change and switched it over to Mobil 1.

Is has the following mods:

Accufab Single blade throttle body
Metco Air Filter Kit
4# and 6# Interchangable Crank Pullies w/ belts
4x4 Transmission Pan and Filter
Factory Tech Valve Body
Lakewood Traction Bars
Bell Tech Drop shackles
Ford Factory Bed Liner
REM Oil Seperator (Not Installed yet)

This is right at $1800 in mods.

I am asking $28900obo.

If interested, feel free to call or email.
[email protected]
256-652-7475

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hmmmmm.... My friend just called me about an 01 white Lightning at the dealer with 14k on it for 19,000!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts