Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was today...minding my own business assembling my Cobra killing 2V when it came time to put the first slug in. So I go to take the cap off the first Manley rod...and the bolt won't budge. So I think no biggie..I'll hit it with my 18V impact driver...still no dice! So I break out the 700ft/lb impact...still no friggin dice!!! So I break out the breaker bar and I get it to turn alittle...so I reposition and crank on it again and I'm thinking "Man I know these are ARP bolts but this b*tch is gonna..." never got to finish my thought :livid:

I haven't the foggiest why this one bolt wouldn't come out! It's not cross threaded or anything. Threads look great from the bottom...all the other rods came apart just fine. It's like this one bolt was dipped in super glue and then installed! Oh well...she's going back to Manley on Monday :cool:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Sounds exactly like my luck. Hopefully they'll take care of you. 'Grats to you for not starting another internet, "ILL NEVER BUY XXXXX THEY F'N SUCK!!!!!!111" thread. ;)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
That has to be a horrible feeling. They must have messed something up with the threads in there. Better to detect something now than when the engine is spinning 7000 rpm.
Erich

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Right, but at least you're giving them a chance to correct their mistake. That's first and certainly most mature way of handling something.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, but at least you're giving them a chance to correct their mistake. That's first and certainly most mature way of handling something.
Yea I hear ya...I'm a laid back kinda guy though. Getting upset over something you couldn't control is just a waste of energy to me. And energy is getting harder to come by as I get older :hammer:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Manley got my rod in this morning...and after carefully reviewing the rod they determined it was indeed defective :rolleyes:

So they shipped a new one out this morning...so I hope to have it by Friday so I can finish putting my new toy back together :) Oh and they loosened the cap bolts prior to shipping the new one out....:leghump:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts