Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roush sent me the SVO chip without having the code for running the fuel pump...so it sees it as "off". So I'm running the stock chip and its extremely rich right now and as a result haven't brought the RPM's past 3500. BUT....I am EXTREMELY happy with what I've seen and felt so far....the car pulls so freakin hard from 60 on in 5th gear and as far as the other gears...forget about it...every gear pulls so hard and the car just feels so much stronger. I'm going to mail the chip out tomorrow to Roush and either they'll send that one back to me with the correct code for the fuel pump or hopefully they'll send me a new chip and I'll send this one back to chop down on transfer time....I'll be dynoing the car with everything corrected in 2 weeks and I'll let you guys know....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You shouldn't need a chip, the kit comes with a new Eec.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I meant....the eec is bad

·
Registered
906 Posts
How did you diagnose the problem? My car reaks of gas when I floor it and I have a sneaking suspision its runnig rich...no a/f gauge and haven't been to the dyno yet :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very simple.....

SVO EEC=Car Doesn't Start (can't hear fuel pump coming on)
STOCK EEC=Car turns right over (can hear fuel pump)

Is this safe to run with the stock chip?...I just called roush and they said "DON"T DRIVE IT! YOU"LL BLOW IT UP"...letting me know if I can at least make it home from work...I've already driven about 200 miles on it but haven't put it past 3500 rpms

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had to drive mine about 30 miles with the stock chip in. I was scared chitless. Idle bounced from 500-2,000 when stopped and everything was just bad. I would NOT drive it. You car thinks you are using 19# injectors still!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well....I've spoken to Roush already and I hope they get the ball rolling on this cause its a daily driver. Luckily the car is running very strong and no idle problems....lets just hope this gets cleared up soon....after what you've just said I can't believe I made it home from RI....man....I don't get this crap...how can they forget to signal the fuel pump on the EEC??...if anything else...not the fuel pump

·
Registered
906 Posts
maybe you installed the fuel pump wrong. Maybe you forgot to connect all the electrical stuff back there, especially the one external connection. By the way, I hope you put a new fuel filter in at the same time.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.....I had a shop with a ton of experience with install of blowers do the install for me....I doubt they messed the fuel pump install up...they do these things every single day....besides everything works fine with the EEC how could it be different when the SVO one is put in?....how would the wiring effect that...one works and the other doesn't? seems like the EEC to me.:(

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You can drive but do not floor it or you will blow a piston. The stock computer advances timing to much.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stroked or blown? said:
if rousch doesnt get you the eec soon, you can borrow mine that i will not use. brand new for 96-97 5spd.
david
CHECK YOUR EMAIL...Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
With the stock somputer and the SVO blower my car was running at 19.5 air to fuel ratio. That is insanely lean. In fact the engine was misfiring because it was running out of fuel. I would not recommend going over 1/3 throttle with the stock computer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
stroked or blown? said:
if rousch doesnt get you the eec soon, you can borrow mine that i will not use. brand new for 96-97 5spd.
david
I thought you'd thrown in the towel with all this roots nonsense. I saw your chit on the classifieds. What's the story?

Just nosey.

Marty

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
well, if no one buys the stuff i have to keep it! i will probably install it and sell the car at the end of the year. i want a cobra!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts