Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be blocking the heater core off today.

Long Story short ----
A month or so ago my quick connect on the core broke off and because I didn't have time to find a new quick connect I just clammed a hose on the heater core.....
""""" Warning """"
Don't do this, because I think this is what made it hurt the rest of the core.
Over the last few days i have been getting a coolant smell when the vent or a/c was on and some fog or steam on the windshield right where the heater core would be.
So I thought maybe the hose out side was leaking so I reposition it.
Then tonight on the way home from dinner inside the car kinda felt warmer then the air outside, but I was almost home and gave it a good legging around a turn with a nice fish tail I might add lol.
That's when the Bullitt threw up piping HOT coolant right on my Go pedal leg LOL.
Well I got the very slight hint LOL.
The Funny Part is I wasn't even mad, It was more like Thank You know I'm not chasing a ghost.

Now Onto My Question. What's the best way to bypass the Heater Core?
I don't have a diagram of the water outlets on this intake and I don't want to loop the lines.
I'd much rather just put one line from where ever to where ever.
Pictures or a exploded view of the intake water outlets would help.

Not to worried about heat I live in South Florida lol.

But just a good indicator for you guys too, to check your under dash vents once in a while for coolant

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
just cap and clamp the fitting on the intakes and the coolant tube below the intake manifold since you don't wanna loop the lines.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just cap and clamp the fitting on the intakes and the coolant tube below the intake manifold since you don't wanna loop the lines.
I want to bypass the core with one hose if possible. I want to eliminate as many hose clamps as I can lol and I want keep the coolant flowing across the back of the manifold.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where the heater tube hooks up on the front of the block in the valley..run a hose from there back to a fitting into the system. Worked great for me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll have to look at it again, do you have a picture of your setup ?
I was just thinking maybe running a hose across the back where the hose comes out of the back of the manifold on the drivers side to the nipple on the other side

·
Registered
789 Posts
I dont..it was my old setup when I had my turbo. I believe it's a hose from the port on the front of the block (in the valley) to the nipple on the back of the lower intake on the PS. This was on a Victor jr but should be the same on any intake. That way the coolant just gets routed straight back into the block and doesn't pass thru the heater core fittings on firewall. I asked my buddy to confirm cuz he is doing a similar setup. I'll chime back in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did mine the other day was going to take the hood off to make it easier to get to the hose but I found a way using 2 ratchet straps lol.

But I ended up using a Dayco hose 87617 and I cut about a inch off the long side.

I unplugged the harness that runs over the top to make it easier to get at the F-in Factory pinch clamps

Harness moved

You can see what happened to the 3/4 pipe on the core by clamping a hose on it.

U-bend installed

Finished and all back together :hyper:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did mine the other day was going to take the hood off to make it easier to get to the hose but I found a way using 2 ratchet straps lol.

But I ended up using a Dayco hose 87617 and I cut about a inch off the long side.

I unplugged the harness that runs over the top to make it easier to get at the F-in Factory pinch clamps

Harness moved

You can see what happened to the 3/4 pipe on the core by clamping a hose on it.

U-bend installed

Finished and all back together :hyper:
The little hose where are you connect

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to be blocking the heater core off today.

Long Story short ----
A month or so ago my quick connect on the core broke off and because I didn't have time to find a new quick connect I just clammed a hose on the heater core.....
""""" Warning """"
Don't do this, because I think this is what made it hurt the rest of the core.
Over the last few days i have been getting a coolant smell when the vent or a/c was on and some fog or steam on the windshield right where the heater core would be.
So I thought maybe the hose out side was leaking so I reposition it.
Then tonight on the way home from dinner inside the car kinda felt warmer then the air outside, but I was almost home and gave it a good legging around a turn with a nice fish tail I might add lol.
That's when the Bullitt threw up piping HOT coolant right on my Go pedal leg LOL.
Well I got the very slight hint LOL.
The Funny Part is I wasn't even mad, It was more like Thank You know I'm not chasing a ghost.

Now Onto My Question. What's the best way to bypass the Heater Core?
I don't have a diagram of the water outlets on this intake and I don't want to loop the lines.
I'd much rather just put one line from where ever to where ever.
Pictures or a exploded view of the intake water outlets would help.

Not to worried about heat I live in South Florida lol.

But just a good indicator for you guys too, to check your under dash vents once in a while for coolant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts