Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new auto-darkening helmet for TIG on steel and aluminum from 30-150A. Currently our shop uses a Hornell SpeedGlas helmet which I enjoy using.

I wanted to keep this on the cheap as much as quality allows though- Hobart and Hornell helmets seem to be the big names in auto-darkening, but do I really need one of their helmets or are there other cheaper brands with adjustable shade settings that I would be happy with?

Thx in advance....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Way outta my league man.

On a much more "dumb-a$$" note:
I was welding on my exhaust this past Friday when all of a sudden the helmet didn't fit where I needed to get to. Anyway, to make a long story short, it's amazing how quickley your eyes seem to adjust to welding without a helmet.

~So Sunday afternoon, my doctor said I could take the blindfold off and today I got to stop the antibiotic and numbing drops.

*This ranks right up there in the top 2 dumbest things I've ever done. Don't ask about the other one.

ALWAYS WEAR A WELDING HELMET, YOUR A MORON IF YOU DONT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTCam said:
Anyway, to make a long story short, it's amazing how quickley your eyes seem to adjust to welding without a helmet.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
My eyes hurt after doing aluminum with anything less than a shade-12 lens. Crazy man.

·
Registered
955 Posts
GTCam said:
*This ranks right up there in the top 2 dumbest things I've ever done. Don't ask about the other one.
But we're SOOOOOOOOO curious!

I hope you didn't do too much irreversible damage. What were your symptoms before you went and saw the doc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts