Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gt with all options but leather and mach460 3350 is that about right?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I assume that is also with the off road H pipe, cat back, and headers in your sig? adn with no driver?

Sounds about right. I think I was about 3400 completely stock with no driver. (16" wheels, all other options except leather). Off road pipe saves an easy 50 pounds I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Mine weighed in at a portly 3580 without driver, hardtop, and spare tire when it was stock. It also had about a 1/16th of a tank of fuel. Your numbers sound about right.

I X L
95 Cobra hartop convertible

·
Registered
741 Posts
When stock, my loaded AODE weighed in at 3402 (1/4 tank & no driver) with 59% on the front and 41% on the back. Not very good numbers. These SN95s are heavy.

I should be much lighter now. I'm also considering moving the battery to the trunk for better front/rear ratio.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Can someone tell me why everyone claims our cars are "so much heavier" than Fox bodies? :confused:

My 86 LX weighed in at 3270. It had a rollbar & AOD tranny, but it also had spare tire, jack, NO power windows or locks, and AC removed...

The first thing anyone says is about how heavy the SN95's are, and it appears that's really not so...I want to get a weight on my car as soon as the salt is off the roads...

·
Registered
563 Posts
my car weighs 3240 without me in it. that is with everything in my sig, no mach 460, cloth, and spare tire and jack in the car.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My 95 AODE GT was 3550 without driver. My previous 89 LX hatch was 3280 with driver or about 3080 without driver. I would say 500 lbs is a lot. some of that is in the tranny, but 500 lbs is about 1/2 second in the 1/4 all things being equal.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
MadDAWG said:
My 95 AODE GT was 3550 without driver.
I hear what you're saying, but I wonder why yours is so much heavier than the ones above?
Yes, 500# is a lot, but a difference of 100# or so isn't a real big deal...

·
Registered
389 Posts
ive gotta get around to weighing my car soon...because if it weighs 3550...ill put a for sale sign on it the next day...im not gonna fight with a ****ty computer and Sir Issac Newton. Id rarther sell it and get a fox car.

im regretting my decision to buy this relic more each day.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
My 95 Cobra weighs 3220 w/o the spare or jack, no dogbone, 1/4 tank of gas, and an O/R h-pipe. That's w/o me in it of course. Everything else is stock, w/cloth interior.

·
Registered
624 Posts
3450 without me in it,before the most recent mods.Im guessing it should be about 3500 now.Leather,mach 460 radio with a 5-sp.

·
Registered
941 Posts
94Fauxbra said:
Id rarther sell it and get a fox car.

im regretting my decision to buy this relic more each day.:rolleyes:
"this relic"... so sell it for an older one? hehe - that's just funny :D

Look at my sig....3310 pounds with me. That's about 3150 w/o me and 1/4 tank of fuel. Nothing drastic other than rear seat delete and no rear mach system anyore. Everything else is the standard: weld wheels, skinnies, off road pipe, alum. heads, no dogbone, etc. it's teh little things I've taken off...the 1, 2, 3 pound items that all add up and help drastically. Just go through the car adn get rid of what you don't need.

·
Registered
389 Posts
some relic's are more desirable than others....but there's something wrong when 2 people with pretty much the same cars are claiming a 200lb weight difference...either they need to try different scales ..or they should get a Carfax report....because im thinking maybe Pablo Escobar was a previous owner and he must have left a few Kilos behind.:lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine is 3300 even without me in it with a 3/4 tank of gas.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You also have to consider when people weigh their cars. Are they totally stock, or do they have some stereo stuff in it. Is the jack and spare still there? How much fuel (10 gallons (1/4 tank to full tank) = nearly 100 pounds difference.) what about wheels? Stock 16" 225s or 275s on 17s? The latter will be much heavier.

I have a similar combo to Don 95vert (other than the hardtop/vert diff) and my car is about 400 pounds lighter than his.

There is 10 pounds worth of sound deadening in the trunk. The clutch PEDAL weighs about 5 pounds (yes it does). CD changer is about 10 pounds. leather adds decent weight over cloth. EGR valve is about 3 pounds. sway bar is 15 pounds at least. EGR and thermacotr system adn solenoids in the fender are an easy 15-20 pounds.

Easy to have pretty drastic weight differences on midly modded (bolt on type) cars.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
3350 sounds exactly right, that is exactly what my cousin's 94GT coupe weighed, it had leather, no mach 460, and removed spare and jack. My dad's 91GT weighed 3180lbs with pony wheels and 225-55-16 tires, no spare and jack, removed dog bone, and 1/4 tank of fuel. My car is a PIG! Last time one the scale, here is what the car had: offroad X pipe, alum. heads, 1/4 tank of fuel, removed rear seat bottom, removed pass. seat, removed 25lb weight and dog bone, removed spare-jack-trunk carpet, mach 460 amps (they don't weigh much at all), alum pulleys... the car still weighed 3480 without me. The normal raceweight I run at is 3520 without me, that is with the pass seat installed, rear seat bottom installed, and mach 460 amps installed. I removed the sprare and jack the first time I went to the track, and they have never been back in the car since (except for the occasional car show every now and then).

I hate the weight, but there is a certain pride that comes along with going fast with such a disadvantage. Someday I'd like to get a lightweight coupe to make some sickly fast car out of, but that will be years down the road.

As a side note, a few years ago I ran my car Englistown NJ, this was with the stock heads, 3/4 tank of fuel, and an overnight bag and the car weighed 3803lbs with me in it:barf:

·
Registered
348 Posts
My '92 LX weighs 3120 with spare/jack, 1/2 tank of gas, offroad H-pipe, all options, pony wheels, T5, and without me.

Since then, I've been steadily removing a few pounds here and there so I can add a little more sound deadener. The stuff from the trunk is missing.

None of the cars in this thread seem close without weight removal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
my 94 with no mach 460 cloth interior, no defrost, big and littles weighed 3125 without me, and 3320 with me :D

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
rel3rd said:
I hear what you're saying, but I wonder why yours is so much heavier than the ones above?
Yes, 500# is a lot, but a difference of 100# or so isn't a real big deal...
My guess is the tranny. Most of the cars posted here are 5spds were mine is an AODE that is around 200 lbs easy. I did weigh my car on certified scales. The same ones used by the truckers so if anything they read light :lol: I have not done anything to lighten the car up, and what I have added probably has added to the weight as well.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
That's a bummer...I just swapped in my old AOD (not AOD-E), so I guess I'll be a little "portly" as well...:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts