Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 95 5.0 Mustang with a v1-S-trim . Will be running 8" lower and 3.15 upper. Whats the water pump pulley part number i need?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Vortech makes a pulley but i dont know the part number, it used to be about $80 on their site. I used a 93 cobra water pump pulley but had to enlarge the center hole with a unibit so it would fit over the larger pump shaft the '94/95 cars have. I got mine from a ford dealer years ago for $25, but now they are harder to find. I think someplace like American Muscle carry them for about $45 or $50

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
I cant run a 8 inch lower crank pulley on my sn95 fan is in the way

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I run a 7.25" crank pulley and it is pretty close to the fan motor.

Maybe if you take the dished metal plate that covers the end of the fan motor off it will give you the clearance. I know people that run 3 core aluminum radiators like Fluidyne or Mushimoto and have to do this so the stock 6.87" crank pulley will clear because the fan is sitting closer to the engine now.

sn95chico, that's probably why you can't run an 8" pulley because you have a 3 core radiator?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
FYI, I found that the steward stage 1 pumps now have a new design shaft, so the 93 pulley fits out of the box (no enlarging needed).

ASP sells a custom w/p pulley same size as the Cobra for 94/5s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts