Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is putting together a TT 331 V8 for his 91 GT. He is using 2 T3 .60/.63 turbo's. The engine in a fox lake built forged internal 331 with 8.5 compression. Projected boost is in the high teens.

We found a couple TIAL wastegates on Ebay for $215 apiece, with a 38mm outlet. Does he need to go with 38's or would a pair 35 mm's get it done?

We are looking for recommendations for the wastegates and BOV. Any help would be great.

Thansk a bunch guys! ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
in my opinion they are too small for the setup...id go with a hybrid t3/t4...or a good single turbo kit. those things are going to be maxed out if your looking for boost in the high teens..but thats my 2 cents..as for the wastegate...i use the internal ones on mine but ive only gone up to 10psi so im not sure what you would need

·
Registered
802 Posts
I am the friend that neat is talking about that is doing the build up. We ran the compressor maps for two T3 .63/.60 turbos and actually according to the compressor maps they will run the best at about 15 psi of boost. We ran the maps multiple times and checked to make sure all the calculations were correct. It seems to be right on.

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh he said high teens...im thinking like 18-20psiif you got the turbos go for it..mine work aswome..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those tial wastegates may be a little small if you use one..I don't know if you could use both, but that would make for a sweet setup, and probably a wicked sound. And the Tial's are very nice pieces. I've got a Tial BOV and an Innovative Turbos WGate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts