Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love turbo cars and always wanted one. Right now I have a fox with hci and a Powerdyne that only makes 4lbs. I have been looking at some of the cheaper kits. Also looking at used vortech kits. Can I put a turbo kit together for around the same cost of a vortech kit. Oh and still Runing a stock block.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
sesrch for the on3 threads. lots of good info and can be bought from jegs for a bit over $1500

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I love turbo cars and always wanted one. Right now I have a fox with hci and a Powerdyne that only makes 4lbs. I have been looking at some of the cheaper kits. Also looking at used vortech kits. Can I put a turbo kit together for around the same cost of a vortech kit. Oh and still Runing a stock block.
I had almost the same set-up Powerdyne BD11a 10 psi...went with an On3 kit Trick flow top end kit..and 14 psi later car is an animal !!!! never would i go back to a supercharger...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Same here. I went from a Vortech s-trim to a on3 kit. The power comes on so much harder and faster with the turbo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You always make more power with a turbo!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ebay that powerdyne, you'll be surprised what you get out of it. Fab the kit on your own and build it for less than 1k. You won't regret it, this is the 2nd fox I've taken from blower to turbo and there will be more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts