Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone from a Vortech TRex to the 255lph walbro inline pump? I am running a high pressure 255 in the tank, with a trex inline. Im wondering if the walbro inline flows that much more, and I also hear it is quieter. (not that quiet is that much of a concern, its more the flow)

The kit I see from JDs is just the pump, are you people who are using this just simply cutting the hoses off the trex and using fuel injection hose clamps to secure them onto the barbs? Obviously the wiring and relay from the trex should suffice, right?

Any tips and experiences welcome...

Sometimes my trex doesnt sound too great, especially after it warms up.. Im thinking the walbro might be the way to go.

Adam

·
Retired U.S. Air Force
1,695 Posts
Adam,
I'm in the process of doing this now. I had a GSS304 intank with the T-rex. I now have a sumped tank going into two Walbro externals. I've heard they're quieter and much better as well and am hoping so. I'll let everyone know my opinion this month hopefully.
I mainly wanted to subscribe.
I have pics if you want, but I have to Email them. I don't have them on my website yet.
Later
Dave

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Adam, I picked up this kit from Jack @ muscle motors. I know alot of guys dont particularily like him from past no good experiences, but he has sent me a few things without any problems.

The kit cost me I think 225.00

Its a 255 high pressure in-line with relay and wiring harness already made up for you.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Adam.....Your car looked killer in the magazine - I was just reading that article again the other day.

I am gonna go with the walbro inline just because it is a true 255 not a 190 like the T-rex. Not to mention it is cheaper than a T-rex too.....but that is not an issue with you since you already have the T-rex.

-Rob-
:evil:

·
Corral Charter Member
1,270 Posts
swinerton said:
Adam, I picked up this kit from Jack @ muscle motors. I know alot of guys dont particularily like him from past no good experiences, but he has sent me a few things without any problems.

The kit cost me I think 225.00

Its a 255 high pressure in-line with relay and wiring harness already made up for you.

I bought that same kit. I haven't installed it yet.

I also didn't have any problems with Jack.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,916 Posts
Adam - It is not good to run the Walbro GSS340 255lph High Pressure Intank Fuel Pump w/ a T-Rex Inline. You are restricting your intank fuel pump using a the T-Rex since it only flows 188lph. We have the 255lph Inlines in stock and ship them out immediately for you. Let us know if you need one.

Mike @ MMP

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the responses

SMKD YA: thanks for the compliments! Maybe I'll see you at etown this year... I havent been doing much car stuff with all the summer classes Ive been taking, car is sitting under a cover waiting for me to have time.

I'm not so worried about a loud pump, the trex is definately liveable.. just want to make sure its enough....

Jack thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts