Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an Autometer Electronic Speedometer and the plug in hall effect sensor to go with it. I have read many posts about the VSS and whether or not Speed Density cars require the use of the VSS. My speedometer has an output that goes to the EEC computer that is supposed to act as the VSS signal to keep the EEC happy. My car is an 88 with Speed Density and cruise control. So my question is, do I have to hook up the VSS wire from the speedometer to the EEC or will it run fine without this wire connected and can I just eliminate the VSS all together? I don't care whether my cruise control works or not because I never use it. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I dont understand why you bought a new vss your car should have had one if you had cruise. You can use the existing vss for the speedo as long as the speedo is the push button calibrated type (not sure if they all are). There are two wires comming off of the vss each wire splits one of each should go to the cruise signal amplifier and one to the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts