Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently threw this pipe on and I thought I'd get a little more of an exhaust note over the stock pipe...Do my 2 chamber flows have anything to do with this? Wondering if I should even drop the cash on a catback due to the minimal hp gains... Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks...

·
Registered
173 Posts
what exactly are you asking?

i think your sayin the vrs x pipe didn't increase the volume of your exhaust so your not happy...:confused:

keep in mind the pipe has cats on it, so if its gonna be louder than stock it wont be by very much...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, lemme clarify...Are my flows restricting some of the exhaust volume because of their design, or are the cat's to blame? Btw, I have noticed a little more volume after putting about 25 miles on the car...Thanks all - -

·
Registered
173 Posts
volume and refinement of the exhaust tone will come as you break in the cats

flows are some of the loudest mufflers around....

its the cats that are making your exhaust quiet, get and off road pipe and you'll be happy, i promise

just switch back to stock when inspection time comes around

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lemme tell you I really, really thought about it but taking that pipe off when smog time comes around doesn't sound like fun...Took me about 5hrs start to finish and bloodly knuckles were my reward for a job well done :D I'm sure I could do it much quicker the second time around but what worries me about an O/R X are the cops...Hell, they're pulling people over for loud car's since we have so much rice that I'm worried about pushing the loud pedal with my current set-up :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts