Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say that I am a vortech fan. My mystic is my third vortech blown mustang. But, man they seem to be going down hill these days. First, I call and order a simple blower pulley, nothing too complicated. 10 days goes by and no pulley. So, I call and they said it didn't ship for some reason or another. I tell them not to worry about it and cancel my order, and make sure they did not charge me. They say, sorry bout the mix-up and that my CC was not charged. Low and behold, I get my statement and it was on there. I then call and finally get that straightened out and place a new order for a shirt, sticker, and a race bypass. 2 weeks later(today) No vortech order at my door. I call again and talk to :barf: Chris in Sales. He tells me that the bypasses are on backorder. Why the hell couldnt they tell me that 2 weeks ago. Then he goes on to get an attitude on the phone. Anybody else have problems from them? Sorry to vent. Just wondering whats up with Vortech these days.

Steve

·
Registered
234 Posts
My blower was ordered on 04/26 and I have yet to get an answer on when it will ship. :(

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I called them this past Friday and I was very displeased as well. I was only trying to figure out if my vortech bracket (99 bracket) will work on 2000 engine ---- simple, right? Took a few techs to finally figure out that it won't work... or at least that's what I'm told. Sure wish they had a 1-888 or 1-800 # to call instead of me calling long distance and being placed on hold for what feels like eternity :(

But of course, I can purchase a new vortech bracket assembly with all the parts for $279 + shipping. Go figure............

I've dealt with Vortech for years and have had great success up to Friday and that really didn't give me a good feeling at all. Seems like customer service just isn't their "norm" by any means.

To all going from the 99 motor to the 2000... the tensioner is different (actually reverse of what it is now), therefore, routing of the serpentine is different....

·
Registered
798 Posts
Tim,

Save your money..Put the 99 or 98 timing cover from your old motor on the 2000 block..

I built a 00 block,put my 98 timing cover on it..Everything worked like a champ with the supercharger.Only difference is you will have to get new 10mm timing cover bolts to use on the 00 block.The 98 block uses 8 mm bolts..It was no big deal to make it work..

Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dont feel like the Lone Ranger

After trying to get technical help from Vortech over the last year, all I can gather is they sell superchargers... thats it. They make a good product, dont get me wrong. However, running a business myself, Ive got to say they are missing the boat on customer satisfaction. If I upgrade, Ill go Pro Charger, they also have a good product and the customer help Cant be worse.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Twice I have called them in the morning to order a part. I tell them that I will pick it up in their shipping department at noon (my lunch time). I tell them that it is important that they have the part ready so I can make it back to work on time. They say "no problem". Both times I get there at noon, no part. They have a couple of guys looking around for the order or for someone that may know about the order. Thirty minutes later I get my part and get back to work late. What a pain but worth it I guess.

Jerome

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is a guy named Gonzalas, I think it is Adrian Gonzalas. He is supposed to be their Assistant Service Manager. He is a PITA to deal with. I have always thought that Votech has the best engineering and the worst customer service. I will probably go Novi 2000 next time.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
cobra killer said:
NP Tim;)

Hate to see someone spend money on something they dont need..When you go to do the Bullit intake,call me..I'll walk you through it..

Tim
Tim,
You were 100% correct, it worked like lucky charms! Woo hoo ... just got out of the garage and put new gasket on the timing cover (PITA) and it all fit up nice and smooth.

Thank you boss, I owe you one for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Tim

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure glad I'm not alone in this crap. I'm calling tomorrow to make SURE my order doesnt get screwed again. I plan on talking to someone high up. Anybody know who's in charge over the place? Or who to ask for?

Steve

·
Registered
915 Posts
You guys talking about abandoning Vortech for Paxton are funny.

Did you miss the news that Paxton was assumed by Vortech about 16 months ago?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hmm, when I posted my problem with Vortech, everybody assumed their side like Vortech walked on water. Glad to see I'm not the only one who got the BS from them when I called.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts