Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Vortech bypass discharge is a bit larger than the bosh and thus won't fit the hose/connector routed back into the powerpipe. I had a makeshift plastic piece that stepped the size down from the radiator hose on the bypass to the smaller hose into the powerpipe, but it decided to slowly melt on me and create a huge vaccuum leak. My question is how to route the hosing, is there a fitting from Vortech I can get, if not how did anyone else out there remedy the problem of the different sized hoses? Venting to the atmosphere isn't an option as I'm not intercooled or using a blow through MAF. Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
get it welded onto your inltet that goes to the throttle body and then run a hose to the powerpipe. Vortech sells flanges that weld onto the inlet tube so that you can bolt on the bypass valve. Do a search you can probably find some pics.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
That is not his prob...His prob is that the flange is too small on the intake side of the blower...The ans that i have found is a "renegade" metal elbow that replaces the rubber 90* from powerpipe(OR WHATEVER)to supercharger..It has the appropriate connector(Flange)and size(Rad hose) 2 match race bypass valve....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts