Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe my Vortech supercharger is leaking under high boost (6-9lbs). The most oil seems to be found on the supercharger and mounting bracket with some on the inlet tube, alternator and passenger's side front of the engine.

I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem before and how was it fixed? What is the turn around time for vortech to fix the problem and what was the reason they said caused the problem?

I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow to make sure it's the supercharger before I ship it off to California.
-Peter

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look pretty snug... and no oil has dripped down them. But then again my bad at boost under pressure it's a different story. Also I replaced the longer hose (feed?) last week because my belt decided it hated life and took out the hose. Could that the be the culprit? I don't know how... but I guess it's possible.
-Peter

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well I'm at work right now... but I ran outside to take a look (only one here :) )... Anyway where the oil return connects to the blower there seems to be new oil, but then again there is a lot of new oil in the engine bay.

Forensics question now :: Let's say that where the oil return line is hooked into the supercharger is the culprit. Ok if under boost oil sprayed from there onto the belt, where would the oil go. Would it hit the altenator, passenger side top of the engine, inlet tube to throttle body, and top of the hood? Why would the drivers side be dry.... guess it depends which way the belt turns. Is it clockwise or counter-clockwise?
-Peter

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess we shall see tomorrow.
-Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.