Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
is the iat just sitting in the hole with some silicon holding it, or do you have alittle rubber gromet that helps hold it in place? if you don't have the gromet, i would get one.
later

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
On mine .i got a lightning IAT and drilled and tapped the blower pipe for it.The lighting IAT is threaded so no sealer or gromment needed.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Mine fit the factory plug.

Also black you can get a new boot cheap from vortech.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys think that relocating the IAT onto the discharge side of the blower could effect hp numbers being that If your maf is metering denser air than the IAT is recording it is not going to properly meter the air? I have heard that it is not necessary to relocate the IAT from a few other guys, but I had already done so.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Black01GT4.6 said:
Do you guys think that relocating the IAT onto the discharge side of the blower could effect hp numbers being that If your maf is metering denser air than the IAT is recording it is not going to properly meter the air? I have heard that it is not necessary to relocate the IAT from a few other guys, but I had already done so.
Dude your numbers are fine .The car is running fine.Why mess with it.

The IAT located in the discharge side lets the ecu see the exact temp of the compressed blower air going into the intake.

If you have it reading the air in the maf pipe it could cause det because the ecu will add timing due to cooler air BUT have actual hotter air going into the car.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just drilled a 3/8 hole in one of my discharge tubing clamps between pipes and forced the IAT in ......no chance of it ever coming out by accident.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You are to hung up on the numbers thing. Like white99 said, leave it alone. Actually if you car wasn't tuned for the relocated IAT, it will cost you power by pulling timing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sense I don't have a blower on my pony, what is an IAT, may I ask?

·
Registered
432 Posts
how will it pull timing if if you move the iat.....doesn't that just control the amount of fuel the engine gets depending on temp which shouldn't effect anything if moved but give a more true reading for the computer

·
Registered
524 Posts
it would pull timing based on the temp of the air entering the intake to keep everything safe.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Black01GT4.6 said:
It is a much safer way of getting a true temp reading of the air going into the intake. It has nothing to do with the MAF and the air being metered by it. With the IAT in the Discharge tube the EEC will get a more correct reading then if it's located in the intake side of the blower.

If the Grommet feels loose to you then get a different grommet that fits better. I would never put silicone around it or any other forgein material that might get sucked into the intake. Just get a Grommet that fits tight and you should be okay.

I seriously doubt that you are loosing boost because of it.

If the boost isn't enough just install a smaller pulley :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts