Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S-Trim was just recently installed. I know the belt had to be tighter than it was, so this evening, and friend and I tightened it. While doing so, we first snapped an extension in half:eek: After getting the piece out, we tried again. My friend, who was tighening the belt while I got the bolts said he felt like it was slipping. After removing the extension, sure enough you can see where the extension was starting to spin in the hole. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Buy a tensioner. I got mine for 35 bucks, works killer. Go to vortechpower.com and do a search for tensioner. The guy lives in New York and is very cool, I think he sells them on e-bay too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I took a bolt and threaded it it the empty hole above the tensioner welded anut on it and ran another bolt through it to push down on the tensioner.Works real nice and didnt cost me 50 cents.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Kevins89notch5.0 said:
Thats how we broke an extension! :evil:
If you used a buddy and a prybar, where did the broken extension come from:confused:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
5Lvenom said:
Buy a tensioner. I got mine for 35 bucks, works killer. Go to vortechpower.com and do a search for tensioner. The guy lives in New York and is very cool, I think he sells them on e-bay too.
thats my friend Tom "TStang90" i think he name is on there also
his are the same as the AFM just 1/3th of the price

Dont use a prybar its the worse thing you can do if you ask me..it puts alot of tension onthe crank pulley an if you dont have a blower brace it will warp/bend the idler pulley/blow brackets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts