Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I miss read your post yesterday my measurement I gave you was from the power steering pump bracket face to the backside of the pulley. That space was the 0.610 measurement.
So also on my accessory tensioner bracket I had to put a spacer behind the bracket on the one water pump bolt stud that it mounts to. It was a pretty significant size spacer 3/8" or so to make the tensioner and tensioner pulley straight. I will post a pic of that spacer when I get home.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Did you use the spacer just to make the tensioner pulley in the same plane?

do think an angled tensioner pulley could cause my belt issue of is the PS pump pulley just not close enough to the pump?

I am having a hard time deciding on what to tackle first. My assumption at this point is that the crank pulley, alternator, and smog delete are in line as the belt seemed to ride on those as expected.

So either the tensioner is pushing the belt, or the PS pulley is pulling the belt off

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes probably need to start adjusting the tensioner bracket and pulley. You can pretty much adjust the angle of the tensioner and pulley with stacking washers behind the bracket on the water pump stud at first to get the right thickness that works for your set up. Then cut a spacer the thickness you need after you find the right depth that works for the tensioner bracket. When you use a tensioner pulley with shoulders you can steer the belt basically that way in or out with less or more washers. I got the plastic tensioner pulley with shoulders at Napa. At first I had a tensioner pulley with no shoulders and the belt walked and cut off a rib.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts