Ford Mustang Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
It's a thing that would greatly benefit from my ecus and power steering controllers 😂😂
I'm hoping this was a literal joke, and they didn't necessarily need ecu's and steering controllers, as you haven't responded in awhile. care to update if you're not stranded on a deserted island like Gilligan?

Reactions: 79CapriStang

· Vendor
19 Posts
I'm hoping this was a literal joke, and they didn't necessarily need ecu's and steering controllers, as you haven't responded in awhile. care to update if you're not stranded on a deserted island like Gilligan?
That depends, I LITERALLY have a customer who's using my steering controller on a schooner. It was a joke, up until about a week ago lol.

Updates: Did near nothing in regards to testing the volume, continued work on Gen 1 iBoosters, and have finally finished and released R3 into sales and production. iBoosters are causing quite a few issues due to vin coding. Grabbing one from a junkyard works fine, as long as you know the vin and my (unreleased) controller gets told about it. If you get one without vin, its pretty useless at the moment. That's been the part i've been struggling with.

I've also added a demo UI to my website, so users can play with it.
Demo PSC UI

Also added an interactive pinout:
Pinout for PSC

· Vendor
19 Posts
Yeah, inquiring minds want to know (and check that project off the list :)
For confirmation which project would that be? (iBooster? PSC Volume tests? )

I also have another project on the go of VR sensors to hall/canbus emulation. Allows people to use incompatible speed sensors, with their ABS system of choice, or log accurate wheel speed, with an ECU that does not have 4x VR inputs.

Another project near completion is the GM/Tesla parking brake controller.

· Registered
1979 Capri, 1971 351 HO [Boss 351] Cleveland
12 Posts
Wow. That's a Thanksgiving plate full of projects.
*Of course it's not the mid-October, but hey, your Thanksgiving started out in November too ;-)

Regarding priorities, for me, hmm; iBooster or pump volume comparison.. the answer is: Yes.
I am most curious about the volume test but ultimately, I need the booster sorted as well. That said, I have an iBooster2 here, for the project, so I will wait semi-patiently while you solve our problems :)

· Registered
12 Posts

· Vendor
19 Posts
Is there a way to directly read the vin from the chip? Like, physically probe the pinouts? I mean for us end-users?
In theory yeah, pulling out your BDM/Jtag setup, and pulling the emulated eep data, will yield the vin. However this is not your average Joe sort of work, and requires decent soldering equipment, knowledge and tools. I am trying to find a way of putting the iBooster in program mode, and see if I can overwrite the vin. Considering tesla doesn't exactly share their tools, Im still trying to get someone to let me in, while they reprogram one. That way I can sniff what's going on and see if I can replicate it.

· Registered
12 Posts
In theory yeah, pulling out your BDM/Jtag setup, and pulling the emulated eep data, will yield the vin. However this is not your average Joe sort of work, and requires decent soldering equipment, knowledge and tools. I am trying to find a way of putting the iBooster in program mode, and see if I can overwrite the vin. Considering tesla doesn't exactly share their tools, Im still trying to get someone to let me in, while they reprogram one. That way I can sniff what's going on and see if I can replicate it.
I imagine its out of scope for this thread, but I'll ask: Is there a BDM pin on the brain chip that I can "just" probe, without firing up my SMT oven?

121 - 131 of 131 Posts