Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been to the track in over a year, my first run was actually the best. Track conditions were also pretty decent (for South Florida), about 80F and 50% humidity. Here goes the sequence:

60' - 2.189
330' - 5.703
1/8 - 8.456 / 91.99
1000' - 10.814
1/4 - 12.773 / 115.94

60' - 2.283
330' - 5.809
1/8 - 8.584 / 91/29
1000' - 10.961
1/4 - 12.934 / 115.04

60' - 2.099
330' - 5.612
1/8 - 8.405 / 90.74
1000' - 10.795
1/4 - 12.777 / 114.51

My last pass would have probably been the best run; however, my tachometer needle was floating back and forth about .5 to .75 of an inch in each direction :confused: Since I don't yet have my shift light in, I was "guessing" at my shift points from 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th (if nothing else - I didn't hit the rev limiter). Has anyone experienced this?

I know my 60' times really suck. Besides not warming up my drag radials with a second gear burnout, I've recently added lowering springs (which really doesn't help with the weight transfer).

Overall, I am quite happy. I was probably more excited about my trap speeds than anything else. :joy: At least I know the power is there. If I've got traction, I should be able to hit the low 12s. Since she is still my daily driver, I don't know if I'm going to see a low 12 second time slip anytime soon. I'm just going to enjoy the conservative setup for the time being (at LEAST until next week). :D

Thanks again to Keith @ FOMPK Motorsports (Tanng96).

Brian

·
Registered
727 Posts
Very nice results! 115 mph is movin' for a 397 rwHP car. With decent weather and a good 60 ft time, 12.3's-12.5's will be easily within grasp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those are sweet times... Who tuned your car with diablo? What size injectors are you running? I'm still working on getting my car dialed in, I'm waiting on the AFM pms for dohc's. So, I'm running pif rich until then....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Tell me more about this PMS when wil it be out? Who tunes with it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's a programable ecu controller...I spoke to AFM and they said another 4 weeks :(

·
US Air Force Active Duty
2,423 Posts
Wanna run through the 1/8!? You have to use street tires of course! :D J/K

Nice mph you've got there, now get some sticky tires and see what it REALLY does!

-Pat

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments. :)

97Vobra - I'm running stock 24 lb. injectors. I initially thought that the stock injectors may create a bottleneck, but after getting the tune and having the car put on the wide band, I'm no longer concerned about the stock injectors not flowing enough fuel. BTW, Willie Figueroa did the tune. He tuned me on a Dyno Jet @ Fast Times in Fort Lauderdale. Who performed your initial tune, or are you running with the Vortech supplied chip?

Brian

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ike at mustang specialties tuned it. They don't have any chip tuning ability yet. I called UPR and the guy that does the scheduling was out...

·
US Army Active Duty
428 Posts
Nice times Brian. That trap is wicked. She has more in here, no doubt about it.

On the flip side

Dont let your old man smoke you in that 03 that should be showing up in a few weeks. You have your work cut out for you:)

BTW, dont think he wasnt eyeballing the snake in the garage yesterday!!!!

M

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice times Brian. I need to go up to Moroso and bolt on my slicks. I think me and you will be a good race till the 1/8th mile. Then you'll smoke my ass. 115 is flying. Damn i've missed a lot. When the hell did you get a blower?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
onefastsnake said:
Dont let your old man smoke you in that 03 that should be showing up in a few weeks. You have your work cut out for you:)

BTW, dont think he wasnt eyeballing the snake in the garage yesterday!!!!
Yeah Mike, I know he is dying just waiting for that car. He's also been in a funk since the red lady left him. So, was the old man taking really long bathroom breaks, disappearing into the garage to sneek a peak? lol

Brian

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlackAsp said:
Damn i've missed a lot. When the hell did you get a blower?
Tommy, you still alive? I thought you fell off the face of the earth, or maybe just a bar stool at the Ale House in Gainesville? LOL

Finally broke down and got the Vortech (it was either that, or drop $37 large on a new snake - I took the path of least resistance). The blower's been on for almost a month and a half and I got the car tuned about two weeks ago. All I can say is, I wish I hadn't waited so long. :D

Anyway, hope school is going well for you. If you're home for the summer, maybe I'll see you up at Moroso sometime soon.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.