Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got rid of my GT40 and am considering the Edelbrock Victor 5.0.
Lookin' for options and opinions on 90% Track 10% Street N/A car using 175 Shot of Nitrous at times.
TIA!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'd think the RPM would be your best bet, the Victor from what I understand is for very high revving motors, like 7k plus.

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you are going to pull high RPM's 7000+ then the Victor is great. My combo dies off at around 6500 so it is a little overkill for me. Also, there is no PCV valve in the lower and I couldn't run my cruise control or EGR valve. It is more "race" oriented. If you are going to run solid roller cam to make use of upper RPM's then I would suggest the Victor. Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Judging from your times in your sig, i say Edelbrock RPM, and that the victor is way over kill.

also consider the higher velocity runners will throw more juice down your engines throat, and give less chance to puddle, than an intake thats is made for super high flow which will be low velocity on your little air pump of a motor.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Stangfun said:
I just got rid of my GT40 and am considering the Edelbrock Victor 5.0.
Lookin' for options and opinions on 90% Track 10% Street N/A car using 175 Shot of Nitrous at times.
TIA!
AJ, on just a 302/306, its overkill. You'll lose a lot of low end without the extra cubes. I'm running the Victor on my car as you know, but its a 349. I didn't lose as much low end as I thought I would when I switched to it from the old style Performer intake. Car ran almost the exact same numbers as it did with the Performer, and gained about 1mph up top. But like I said, mine is a 349. If you plan to stroke it later then consider it. I got a decent deal on my Victor intake traded my performer and $125 for it. For your current setup though, the RPM would be good.
I also think the TFS-R will be too much as well, its in the same RPM range as the Victor.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good advice so far. If you're going to go to a stroker on nitrous in the future, go with the victor and solid roller. For now, your car should like the Perf. RPM the best. I ran it on my 12.6 street 302 and loved it--good low end that pulled to 6500 shift point. Later, James

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
get better heads (let the flames began)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies! Really glad to see White90GT chime in 'cause you were the one who showed me the intake and it's performance first hand. Right now Summit can't get the thing to me 'til 7 April due to back order. So I'm still looking at options. I did search the archives and found some having problems installing the Victor. Now that it seems too big, I'll be changing my mind! Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the consensus is stay away from the Victor 5.0 for now atleast until I get a bigger pump. Just to second everything: With the stall of 3800(sometimes it stalls as high as 4200) and the F-cam(seems to work well starting at 3K rpm) is the Edelbrock RPM still the best choice? I see the power band is 1500-6500. Isn't that the same as the GT40 I just sold? Where is the advantage? Is the TFS R-Series more suitable with the power band 2500-7250? I'm shifting at 5700 Rpm.

Thanks Again!
Also, King Torq, explain the "high velocity, low velocity" intake thing a lil better! Appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Stangfun said:
So the consensus is stay away from the Victor 5.0 for now atleast until I get a bigger pump.
Yes

Just to second everything: With the stall of 3800(sometimes it stalls as high as 4200) and the F-cam(seems to work well starting at 3K rpm) is the Edelbrock RPM still the best choice?
Perhaps the Performer would work even better.

I see the power band is 1500-6500. Isn't that the same as the GT40 I just sold?
No, the GT40 flattens out bad after 5500 or so.

Where is the advantage?
From 5000 and up.

Is the TFS R-Series more suitable with the power band 2500-7250? I'm shifting at 5700 Rpm.
No.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts