Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around for a long time but I can’t seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a 2000 convertible Mustang V6 that was running great. It’s a third car and I stupidly lost the only key I had for it. It sat for 6 months. There is a leak where the transmission dip stick tube connects to the tranny so all the trany oil leaked out during this time. I got a key made and started it. The engine has a strong vibration and it would not move when I put it in reverse. I have had to put trany oil in it before due to the leak and so I thought “No problem, it has bad gas and I need to add transmission fluid”. I added the transmission oil, Dex V, 5 quarts and filled up with new gas w/ injector cleaner. The car moves now but the vibration stayed. It vibrated so much that it broke the exhaust manifold pipe.

I took it to Meinekie and had the exhaust manifold replaced and the trany seal changed where the dipstick tube connects to stop that leak. But the vibration is still there. As one person put it “It, feels like I’m sitting in a massage chair.” It is so bad and it gets worse with more rpm at idle. The 25yr mechanic is baffled. He says the harmonic balancer looks good and the engine mounts looks well too. Remember, the engine ran great six months ago. The only change was the empty tranny. Can any one give me an idea on this? It seems to be something with the transmission. The mechanic says the diagnostic computer shows no misfire and not throwing any codes out. He showed slightly week fuel pressure and so he connected a tool to boost the pressure to the level where it needed to be ($40.00) extra but this did not fix the problem, eliminating the fuel pump. I found this on a couple of other forums but no solution. Please help and thanks a lot. :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.