Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I do have all the part numbers somewhere lol. I am annoyed with the injectors because they say for 86-04 but when he told me they were too short I said, ok, you do what you need to do and get to make them fit. In that case I feel he needed to make sure they fit the first time after he got the adapters and extensions. The Procharger is a drop down menu purchase. It is a polished F1A with the race blow off and race 3 core intercooler. Only thing custom picked was the pulley size to try and stay near 8 lbs boost this year. He didn't charge for down time because like you said they had others things to do in the meantime as well as other cars.
But hopefully on a positive note after the email accusing me of buying poor parts I called and explained everything calmly and clearly breakdown of where I felt screwed. I explained I left the additional parts purchases for the injectors up to him to get, therefore it was longer my "incorrect parts". I also said my Procharger kit is nothing different than can be ordered by anyone else and they didn't follow Procharger's install recommendations. I also mentioned the battery relocation of about 11 hours. He tried to say about taking out the interior, I said dude, the drivers seat is 4 bolts and the back seat pops out, it takes 5 minutes max. I also mentioned the roughly 13 hours to diagnosis a bad distributor, I said I did all the work checking prior and told you it was likely the distributor and it shouldn't take any shop that long to figure it out regardless.
He says he doesn't want this to be a bad experience and will work on a price we are both comfortable with and he would like to see my car again for any future work. We will see what he comes up, I have a figure in mind I am comfortable with so we will see.
If injectors are said to fit 86-2004, they should be the standard length ev1 injector which should just drop in.

Thats good they’re willing to work with you. When I installed the procharger on my car, it took around 20 hrs total By myself from when I took the front bumper off to when I put it back on. I also had to move a good bit of wiring, so that just added time. On top of that I have a cog so I needed to change the water pump, alternator relocation, changed fans and radiator, etc.
Perhaps Procharger can help afterwards. Since this is supposedly a "Procharger approved installer", I would contact them and suggest the shop needs additional training to keep that approved status.
I don’t think there’s a such thing as a “procharger approved installer.” They have authorized dealers, but I doubt they’d put themselves out like that

Reactions: massacre

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If injectors are said to fit 86-2004, they should be the standard length ev1 injector which should just drop in.

Thats good they’re willing to work with you. When I installed the procharger on my car, it took around 20 hrs total By myself from when I took the front bumper off to when I put it back on. I also had to move a good bit of wiring, so that just added time. On top of that I have a cog so I needed to change the water pump, alternator relocation, changed fans and radiator, etc.

I don’t think there’s a such thing as a “procharger approved installer.” They have authorized dealers, but I doubt they’d put themselves out like that
They were technically ev14s so they are shorter and therefore needed extensions which I didn't realize but that isn't a major project and I allowed them to buy them. I figure an extra hour is fair.
They also claimed my Procharger kit was custom and not a normal Foxbody kit.... I bought it thru a drop down menu with the options I was allowed to pick. The intercooler was one of the 3 options i had. Oddly enough now when I search they are not listed as a dealer. I hope we can come to an agreement too, fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So they took $3k off the bill so still $9k but at least I got my car back. It is so pathetic, they have the bumper on but I guess from the way they mounted the intercooler it is bulged out on the drivers side and looks horrible. The hose from the engine bay to the Megasquirt is run thru the passenger window and the car wont start with the hood closed because it squeezes the hose, they couldnt even take 3 minutes to fish it thru the firewall..... but yet they were "tuning" it. Parts are scattered all inside my car and they didn't even put the hatch area back together from the battery relocation. The A/F ratios are showing 15.0-16.8 drivers side and 13.8-15.0 on the passenger side. It runs like garbage even just trying to move it. They cut off my alarm siren and just have it laying in a box, never told me this was done.
Supposedly they had it at 347 rwhp on their tune but had to stop because of the oil leak, which I understand but they claimed it was pissing out and its barely some drips. It is the lower intake right at the distributor so I will yank that off and redo the gaskets/rtv but it is far from flowing out. So it is running like trash and is way underpowered.
This is all I seen so far, I parked it in my storage and left. Even my 8 yr old son who hasn't heard the car run in 4 years said it sounded off. They still have more of my parts so now I have to wait for those too. Unbelievable. I guess I am just going to let it go and take it as a lesson learn as I now fix their f ups.
On top of that, I took my 4 18" Saleen wheels for my '04 to have new tires mounted on to a totally different place and they f'd up the chrome on 1 of them. I just need to give it up I guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I will check that too but it is brand new so I am hoping that isn't the issue but than again I don't want any more issues. I have a shortblock on order to put in next year so I don't even know if I will waste the energy for the little time remaining this year to even drive it.

Sleeper... I paid just to get it back, they were going to hold it until I did, so since he came down on price some I just said F it and give me my car. They flat bedded it back to me so I didn't see it until it was dropped off, it will take me 3 minutes to fish it so not worth any more hassle, I am just done with it at this point and want to move on. I will give the name once I get the rest of my parts, I am honestly afraid if I say it before that, I will never get any of it back, they will just claim they don't have it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You’re saying they ran the map vacuum reference line through the ****ing window?

Reactions: massacre

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I will tomorrow probably, my car is like 20 minutes from me in a separate garage I have. If it's not raining I want to do that and fix the hose for the ecu so at least it moves with the hood closed.

·
Registered
821 Posts
So they took $3k off the bill so still $9k but at least I got my car back. It is so pathetic, they have the bumper on but I guess from the way they mounted the intercooler it is bulged out on the drivers side and looks horrible. The hose from the engine bay to the Megasquirt is run thru the passenger window and the car wont start with the hood closed because it squeezes the hose, they couldnt even take 3 minutes to fish it thru the firewall..... but yet they were "tuning" it. Parts are scattered all inside my car and they didn't even put the hatch area back together from the battery relocation. The A/F ratios are showing 15.0-16.8 drivers side and 13.8-15.0 on the passenger side. It runs like garbage even just trying to move it. They cut off my alarm siren and just have it laying in a box, never told me this was done.
Supposedly they had it at 347 rwhp on their tune but had to stop because of the oil leak, which I understand but they claimed it was pissing out and its barely some drips. It is the lower intake right at the distributor so I will yank that off and redo the gaskets/rtv but it is far from flowing out. So it is running like trash and is way underpowered.
This is all I seen so far, I parked it in my storage and left. Even my 8 yr old son who hasn't heard the car run in 4 years said it sounded off. They still have more of my parts so now I have to wait for those too. Unbelievable. I guess I am just going to let it go and take it as a lesson learn as I now fix their f ups.
On top of that, I took my 4 18" Saleen wheels for my '04 to have new tires mounted on to a totally different place and they f'd up the chrome on 1 of them. I just need to give it up I guess.
I am 67 and it sure seems like its far and few between to find a quality crafts person anymore.. I like to "do it my myself" but at my age that option for certain things ( This home will be the first that I didn't install the roof) I just can't do anymore so it leaves me stuck.....
Read an article the other day that the old craftsman people just arent around anymore.. The article stated that so many people from other countries live in America now ( over 42% of American citizens were NOT born in America) the newcomers just don't care about our ways and the college kids just want to play on their phones...... Sad future if their is a future...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am 67 and it sure seems like its far and few between to find a quality crafts person anymore.. I like to "do it my myself" but at my age that option for certain things ( This home will be the first that I didn't install the roof) I just can't do anymore so it leaves me stuck.....
Read an article the other day that the old craftsman people just arent around anymore.. The article stated that so many people from other countries live in America now ( over 42% of American citizens were NOT born in America) the newcomers just don't care about our ways and the college kids just want to play on their phones...... Sad future if their is a future...
Link to said article?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Back in my day!!!!
Hahaha

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If I read your post right with regards to the lower intake to the front of the block leak I believe you are using gaskets and RTV. Just a suggestion but don’t use the front and rear gaskets on the lower intake. Put a fairly large diameter bead of silicone down and let it skin up for about 15 minutes. Drop the lower on, torque to spec, and done. Been doing it this way for over 20 years and not a leak one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
If I read your post right with regards to the lower intake to the front of the block leak I believe you are using gaskets and RTV. Just a suggestion but don’t use the front and rear gaskets on the lower intake. Put a fairly large diameter bead of silicone down and let it skin up for about 15 minutes. Drop the lower on, torque to spec, and done. Been doing it this way for over 20 years and not a leak one.
Yes that's what I did about 7 years ago when I had the lower ported. Gaskets on the sides, just rtv front and back. It has been sitting for 4 years so I guess it dried out. Just a shame I lost another year driving it because of these morons.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts