Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any luck with a "tall" valve cover that will clear roller rockers and the oil fill clears the intake ?

Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just used fox VC's, removed the oil baffle, and stuck the oil filler tube VC, on the drivers side.. works great. Polished them to chrome, which works great too. Only paid 20 bucks for em too!
No spacers needed.. direct bolt on

·
Registered
643 Posts
i'm working on some right now i'll have them on by saturday and might have some pics
they are ford racing VC 3 3/4 inch tall. hopefully this will work if not i will have to order a spacer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I found some tall valve covers on ebay that some company made, and they say in the ad that they're designed for late model 5.0's and they cleared my 1.7 rr's and didn't hit the alternator. I found a link, I bought them for less with a buy it now option, but they work well. I just used an aftermarket filler neck from Mr. Gasket and a breather filter and it fits. Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33627&item=2422962461

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm using CompCams Pro Magnum stud mounted RRs. They fit under the stock 94/95 valve covers using the stock gasket. With these there is no need for tall VC's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts