Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows what valve covers will fit with 1.6 stud mount rockers and a probe rocker stud girdle. Also this has to fit under a cobra EFI intake WITHOUT a spacer. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Honestly I can't think that would work without a good sized spacer.

I have stud mount 1.6's and a Jomar gridle on mine and even with the FRPP tall covers I still don't have the room for the baffles for the breathers. I'm carbed so I can go with a tall valve cover though, I think you'll be very, very limited with the limitations you have set.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You are out of luck dude. I have the Probe girdles and they require valve covers as tall as the FMS aluminum ones and as was already said that is without baffles. I have a Cobra intake with a 1 inch spacer and I still had to grind on the throttle cable bracket to make it fit. I can't see any way you are gonna make it work without a spacer but good luck in your quest

·
Registered
797 Posts
When I removed it I gained 1 MPH in the 1/4
If that is all that is stopping you...... Hell , you could ave farted and picked up one MPH!!!!:eek:

Put the spacer and be done with it!:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey 1 MPH is 1 MPH, especially when its for free. Also I don't like the spacer due to the fact that when I ice down the intake, the upper intake gets ice cold, but the lower doesn't cool down at all. Without the spacer some of the heat from the lower intake can excape through the upper because it gives it more surface area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts