Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull my valve covers off today and I found out I have these stupid cork gaskets on there...they didnt leak or anything but I was wondering if I can just reuse them like the other kinds of alve cover gaskets...or do I have to replace them??? I only want to get another 5-7000 miles out of this engine before I retire it so it wont be a long term thing...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Replace them. I bought a set on Ebay that were rubber.....I think I have reused them like 10 times already. They cost me a wopping $12 I think? Plus shipping....

Rubber Valve Cover Gaskets OWN.

-Rob-
:evil:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to advance and picket up some rubber gaskets but they arent blue theyre black...only set me back 9 bucks not bad...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No dont get those.... go to ford and get the ford metal gasket with o rings. I used a set over 20 tims with no leaks on several cars. very good stuff. I had a set on every 5.0 I have ever owned

they are the shiznit.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IM exchanging them tomorrow and getting those...the ones I got are pure ****ing **** :mad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those Bright Blue Gaskets from Fel Pro are the Premedary Plus or somethin like that, Auto Zone keeps them is stock. They are just a little inder 30 bucks, and the have a metal core with o rings.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn it I WISH I got those instead of these flimsy flimsy flimsy ass ones

·
Registered
235 Posts
heya, stupid question, but do you guys replace the valve cover gaskets with the intake manifold still on the car? mine leak a tiny bit so i bought some felpros, but i can't get the valve covers off without removing the manifold, and i've just been too lazy to do that so far lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
5oh,

Should be able to get them off without removing the lower. Have heard of people getting them out with the edelbrock intake.

5ohMike said:
heya, stupid question, but do you guys replace the valve cover gaskets with the intake manifold still on the car? mine leak a tiny bit so i bought some felpros, but i can't get the valve covers off without removing the manifold, and i've just been too lazy to do that so far lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts