Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull my valve covers off today and I found out I have these stupid cork gaskets on there...they didnt leak or anything but I was wondering if I can just reuse them like the other kinds of alve cover gaskets...or do I have to replace them??? I only want to get another 5-7000 miles out of this engine before I retire it so it wont be a long term thing...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Replace them. I bought a set on Ebay that were rubber.....I think I have reused them like 10 times already. They cost me a wopping $12 I think? Plus shipping....

Rubber Valve Cover Gaskets OWN.

-Rob-
:evil:

·
Registered
791 Posts
go to discount or advance autop parts and order up the one piece rubber gaskets from Felpro. They look bright blue. You'll know its them when you see them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to advance and picket up some rubber gaskets but they arent blue theyre black...only set me back 9 bucks not bad...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nick I sent you a pm

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No dont get those.... go to ford and get the ford metal gasket with o rings. I used a set over 20 tims with no leaks on several cars. very good stuff. I had a set on every 5.0 I have ever owned

they are the shiznit.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IM exchanging them tomorrow and getting those...the ones I got are pure ****ing **** :mad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those Bright Blue Gaskets from Fel Pro are the Premedary Plus or somethin like that, Auto Zone keeps them is stock. They are just a little inder 30 bucks, and the have a metal core with o rings.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn it I WISH I got those instead of these flimsy flimsy flimsy ass ones

·
Registered
235 Posts
heya, stupid question, but do you guys replace the valve cover gaskets with the intake manifold still on the car? mine leak a tiny bit so i bought some felpros, but i can't get the valve covers off without removing the manifold, and i've just been too lazy to do that so far lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
5oh,

Should be able to get them off without removing the lower. Have heard of people getting them out with the edelbrock intake.

5ohMike said:
heya, stupid question, but do you guys replace the valve cover gaskets with the intake manifold still on the car? mine leak a tiny bit so i bought some felpros, but i can't get the valve covers off without removing the manifold, and i've just been too lazy to do that so far lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts