Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new owner of an '01 GT, 5 speed and was talking to my son about K&N. I know that many of you have these and so. . .can you tell a difference in performance? What is it that K&N did that makes it a good add-on? Thanks for your help.
Stan

·
Registered
303 Posts
You wont notice a difference sitting in your car but it does make a small 5'ish horsepower difference. The main thing is , it is good to do as a basic building block for other mods. The K&N lets alot more air flow into you intake than the stock paper filter de-choking your engine a bit letting it run a little more freely. But im not an expert. Im sure someone will come here later and give you a better explanation.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
I don't think the cold air kits are worth any horsepower on a stock 2V GT.

Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just my opinion.... But I think the air intake on a stock Mustang is pretty good, and a CAI is gonna have ... at best ... a very marginal improvement. I'd recommend just dropping in the K&N replacement filter, take your 2 rwhp, and move on to the next mod. Again, just my $0.02...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just cleaned and re-oiled my K&N filter today. If nothing else, I suppose it's saves a little $$ in the long run since you aren't replacing paper filters all the time. Now that it's "brand new" again, it did seem like at highway speeds the rpms were a little lower than when it was dirty. I might just be imagining it though since I forgot to pay attention before I cleaned it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After I switched from the K&N drop in to the full FIPK II I noticed the car "seemed" to pull a little harder in the higher rpm's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts