Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in an accident Tuesday night and my insurance agency is saying they don't think it can be repaired. It's all front end damage from the radiator forward but I also guess the trans was twisted off the mounts and the hood was torn off as well as the bumper cover. So what do you think this car is worth? It only had minor rust on the driver's side fender and passenger's side at the rear........I can send pics if anyone wants to see them, I was hit by a Jeep Cherokee, my girlfriend and I both walked away.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, already checked those out. I was told they no longer o by blue book value though.......anyone else ever had to do this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh no

sucks to hear your stang is totaled...it's sad to think that, whatever they give you isn't enough. People ask why, but they just don't understand. I'd like to see your pics. thanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
When determining whether or not to total a car there are several figures taken into account. First they look at the blue book value for the car, as well local papers and something like auto trader to find out what your car is going for there. You find the average of those figures and deduct for any other damage that is on the car before the accident. That is the actual cash value of your car, also called ACV. Next comes the salvage value of the car. This is determined by calling junkyards and finding out what that car is going for. If the ACV plus the salvage value are less than the cost of repairs then the car will be totaled. The insurance companies take the cheapest way out for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts