Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting on and using the remote thingie near my gauges. But, where are you mounting the unit? I'm pretty sure it's illegal here and I don't want the 5 o's seeing it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mounted mine right above the Rear View Mirror. If you get the suction cups up high enough, the detector is almost impossible to see from the outside of the car. I then just used an extended phone cord and ran the wiring over to my drivers side a pillar and down under my dash. If you don't know where to look, you won't see it. It still picks up radar at great distanes. , I didn't use the visor mount, just the standard one.
Let me know if you need a picture, I can run out and snap one.
Hope this helps,
Michael

also, I wouldn't waste my money with the concealed display... mounting it this way should fix your problem

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I also mount mine high, above the rear mirror (I lowered my mirror to give me enough room). It works best up high, vert or coupe.

·
Registered
433 Posts
blackbuck said:
I am considering getting on and using the remote thingie near my gauges. But, where are you mounting the unit? I'm pretty sure it's illegal here and I don't want the 5 o's seeing it.
A. It's not illegal in CA to have a radar DETECTOR. It's illegal to have a radar JAMMER in CA which is not what the valentine is.

B. I have mine above my rear view mirror. I then ran the wire where the window meets the top of the roof, down the pillar and hot wired it to the radio

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts