Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intake on my 97GT cracked and I was thinking of doing the 99+ headswap now and i was wondering if anyone has done it before and if they are willing to help me get it done, for a fee ofcourse. If you are willing to help out please email me or post here. I will rather have someone who has done it before or who is mechanically inclinded. :D

Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
If you want to drive to my area, I'll help you out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer 1BadAzzGT. Please email me your address so i can see how far you are from me. I wont mind the drive but i just hope the car can travel that far. Do you have all the tools needed? do i have to provide anything?

THanks

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
97GTStang,
I live approx 10 minutes from Annapolis, Maryland ... look up Pasadena, Maryland on www.mapquest.com and you'll see where I'm located :)

As far as tools go, I have all the tools that are needed with exception of the torque wrench (which you can rent one). I also have a compressor and an air conditioner in the garage (for a nice cool install so you're not sweating your buttocks off). As far as the work and swapping the heads what I meant by "I'll help you" .... what that means to me is that you'll be doing the work and I will assist you ... this will give you an opportunity to learn while doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer. How long do you think it will take to get it installed and what days are good for you. I was thinking more during the weekend, like fri, sat and sun.

Thank

1BadAzzGT said:
97GTStang,
I live approx 10 minutes from Annapolis, Maryland ... look up Pasadena, Maryland on www.mapquest.com and you'll see where I'm located :)

As far as tools go, I have all the tools that are needed with exception of the torque wrench (which you can rent one). I also have a compressor and an air conditioner in the garage (for a nice cool install so you're not sweating your buttocks off). As far as the work and swapping the heads what I meant by "I'll help you" .... what that means to me is that you'll be doing the work and I will assist you ... this will give you an opportunity to learn while doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was gonna offer to help, but if he's got air tools and A/C, then I'd go to him!

Good luck....let me know if you need any help otherwise.

SJ

off topic: how do you like your 3:73's? If you don't mind I'd like to maybe ride w/ you to see how they feel after you've done your headswap?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. anyone else in the area like to help out? or have experience about the headswap?

What else will i need besides the heads, cams and intake? they are 02heads so i guess i will reuse my valve covers out of my 97GT

·
Registered
228 Posts
I already am giving you the VCs. No need to reuse your old VCs

·
Registered
647 Posts
you'll need an inch/pound torque wrench, foot/pound torque wrench, breaker bar, and some of thought neat ratchet wrenches from Sears for the power steering pump! Other than that an assortment of metric and standard sockets should do it.....

SJ

P.S. my PM box has been fixed......

Oh yeah, don't forget the hammer and screwdriver for those special parts!...:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. your PM is still full. i just tried to PM you.

GreenMonster'96 said:
you'll need an inch/pound torque wrench, foot/pound torque wrench, breaker bar, and some of thought neat ratchet wrenches from Sears for the power steering pump! Other than that an assortment of metric and standard sockets should do it.....

SJ

P.S. my PM box has been fixed......

Oh yeah, don't forget the hammer and screwdriver for those special parts!...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts