Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the car done for a couple weeks now and slowly getting all the bugs worked out of it. Trying to get the Cobra wiring to work with the V6 wiring is a PITA but worth the time in the end. The complete swap took me about 6 months from start to finish with it being worked on only on the weekends. I dont have and #s on it yet but Ill try to get some soon enough.

As far as whats done to the motor, its a 98 motor with no EGR or IMRCs, BBK long tubes and h-pipe with a MAC catback. In the rear I swaped to an 8.8 with 3.08 gears already in it. I may swap to 4.10s with the nitrous or go with 4.30s and stay NA. Suspension wise, Ive got Tokico 5-ways all around, X2C Coilovers up front and Eibach Pro springs in the back, MM caster camber plates, Cobra front brakes, Triax, and AJE k-member and a-arms. Right now Im still getting used to driving something that has twice as much power as the V6 I pulled out. All in all Im just glad to be driving it again!!! :joy:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Cool man! Sounds like a well planned out project that worked out great

·
Registered
70 Posts
congrats! You N E E D to do a gearswap asap!! Those 3.08 gears sound horrible! The stock 3.27 gears in the real Cobras are painfully long, I can only imagine how much your gears are sapping the motors power.

Put in a set of 4.10's or 4.30's and it will feel for you like you've added an instant 60rwhp/rwtq.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Sounds like a really nifty project. I'd love to see some pics as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would it have not been easier to just forge the internal and throw on 15lbs of boost......just curious it was what I had wanted to do to my v6.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Getting a transmission to survive behind the blown 3.8s seems to be the problem. The T-5 they come with is doo-doo, and a V8 transmission doesn't bolt right in.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

It looks stock for the most part. I could have done a lot of things with the V6, but in the end, its still a V6 and its really not what I wanted anymore. Now Ive got a much better power plant to work with.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The things Ive found out that dont work so far are the front corner lights, reverse lights (from it being an auto before), a/c, radio (needs surpressor), cruise control, and Im sure a couple other things ill find along the way.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Job well done bro. How's it feel from going to a 180hp car to a 305hp one? ;) My car has insurance now. So I'll seeya on the streets. You going to the TR track day? -Mark

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im going to try and make it. Ive still got to brake the clutch in and figure out hwo to do a burn out. :D Ill have to stop by your place so you can take it for a spin. Thanx again for all your help and patience, I couldnt have done it without your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive had the car done for a couple weeks now and slowly getting all the bugs worked out of it. Trying to get the Cobra wiring to work with the V6 wiring is a PITA but worth the time in the end. The complete swap took me about 6 months from start to finish with it being worked on only on the weekends. I dont have and #s on it yet but Ill try to get some soon enough.

As far as whats done to the motor, its a 98 motor with no EGR or IMRCs, BBK long tubes and h-pipe with a MAC catback. In the rear I swaped to an 8.8 with 3.08 gears already in it. I may swap to 4.10s with the nitrous or go with 4.30s and stay NA. Suspension wise, Ive got Tokico 5-ways all around, X2C Coilovers up front and Eibach Pro springs in the back, MM caster camber plates, Cobra front brakes, Triax, and AJE k-member and a-arms. Right now Im still getting used to driving something that has twice as much power as the V6 I pulled out. All in all Im just glad to be driving it again!!! :joy:
Bro I like your set up you didn't have issues with it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts