Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am new to this site and I know this isnt the right for forum, but what the heck. I am working on a new project and would like to use a V10 from a 2000 f250. It is going into a 1955 ford 2dr mainline and CAN NOT be stock. The car is getting a new custom built pro street frame, chopped top, tilt custom made glass front end. The motor has to be differant and as wicked as can be. I have built a few fords and usualy use a 460 variation putting out 700 to 1500 hp. I have used the 4.6 and the 5.4 in a couple less radical builds.( dollar to hp ratio sucks tough) Anyways on to the currant issue, I have pretty much figured every thing out with the exception of cams.These motors use the same style hollow core and press on lobes as its brothers. I need custom cams, any sugestions. I have even tought about the have mine welded and reground route, my lobes pressed off and 4.6/5.4 lobes pressed on route, but cant even find a cam designer that will work on them that way. If anyone has any helpfull sugestions I would be greatfiul. I really dont want to scrap the v10 plan but its not looking good so far. Thanks Clayton

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not know Jay had done any v10 cams. I have used Jays cams and wish I could get a response of any kind from CI. I know Jay has had a lot of health issues in the past year and is probably doing very few cams. I was just hopeing that someone might have another designer. I have talked to a few custom cam companies and they all sounded scared to even think about v10 cams. Most of them say they cant get cores to start with. But then again they were pretty quick with the answer.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Try to contact Steve Learenvelt from a shop called RDP motorsports, call the shop direct and leave a message if you have to (440-358-5500) he is from down under, he always has something strage around his shop. He doesnt grind cams or anything but he ahs connections around the world and might be of help who to contact. Not saying thats the answer but again its worth a shot. I know he has done some custom stuff with Lamo and viper v-10s so might be some kinda lead for ya...PM me if you figure anything out with him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts