Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to be leaving the state on monday...

My car was running awesome, all the sudden it turns but won't start. There is no fuel pressure, and the pump is not priming with the ignition in "on". I cannot get the EEC to dump any codes. I need ideas, how can I test the EEC, any other reasons why the pump wouldn't prime? The pump itself is less than a year old, walbro 255, havent had any problems with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check the fuel safty switch in the trunk. I would say unplug it and then jump it off with a wire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you check the large 20 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood, this could be the problem also.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Maybe you blew a fuse to the pump? There are 2 that go to it i believe, and sometimes those can blow. If they are good, stick a multi-meter to the two wires in the back that go to the pump and see if the pump is getting any voltage.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Fuses-check
Inertia Switch-check for power on both sides/if not reset, replace or jump wires.
CCRM- check for power on the right wire. this is the relay.
Bad Pump-if you have power going into the pump and its not humming-the pump or connection is bad.
-Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
He also has a Tweeker.. Could the port that the tweeker goes into be dirty.. Like when you get a chip and you have to sand down the amumium coating to get the copper.........Just a thought

·
Registered
60 Posts
cheap said:
Where is the CCRM physically located? I am having a similar problem, Im not getting spark OR fuel (not positive about the fuel but pretty sure)
The CCRM is in front of the fan. When you pull the cover off the radiator its actually bolted to the piece that is covering the overflow bottle. If your not getting spark though I think you have a different problem. You can test for power on the inertia switch in the back. It also helps to have a gauge to test the fuel pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts