Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Vortech today!!! :joy:
The driver must have thought I was gay as happy as I was to see him. :lol:
But anyway it's here and install will begin on Wed.
Any tips, hints or tricks that may help me with the install, or make my life easier please feel free to comment. :)

Thanx Muscle Motors, you guys were a pleasure to deal with. :joy:

Oh and Vortech's pollishing job is SWEEEEEEEET!
Better than my ProCharger ever looked, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Now get that badboy installed and start pushing some boost into that motor again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sweet man! Good luck, thats all I can contribute!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've driven around plenty of times searching for the UPS guy. Sometimes I get home from work and hes already left the "paper" on my door saying "see you tomorrow!".. not if I can help it. :) Last time he saw me coming and started unloading my boxes, lol.

Jeff
www.stangonline.com - Mustang Auctions

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nice! Get it on and let me know what you think!

Tom

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black01GT4.6 said:
So whyd you go from Procharger to Vortech?
:lol:
Are you serious?
Well if you are, just do a search under my name and you'll see the issues I have with ProCharger. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just wondering. Does the polished version come with a polished discharge tube? Or just the head-unit.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pgans said:
Just wondering. Does the polished version come with a polished discharge tube? Or just the head-unit.
Oh I wish! :rolleyes:
It came with a silver discharge tube. I will probably get it chromed, or buy a pollished one from some after market place.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I sent mine in to Morpheus to get it chromed to match my powerpipe. It wasn't all that expensive (I think like 60 bucks) but I can't remember exactly. It looks really good, now I have to just get the head-unit polished. I'm about done sanding it but I still have to do the polishing.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not pollished. Unless thier pollished discharge tubes look just like silver, it's not pollished. :idunno:
Maybe I got the wrong tube or something, I'll have to give them a call.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lotsaspray, have you had a chance to drive it yet? Or do you have memories of your ATI (what chances you got to drive it w/o being down)? I'm just wondering how you liked the 4.10 gears and the blower, did you run out at the 1/4 mile or did you use a 28" tire?

Grats on the blower, hope you have better luck with it! :joy:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never had a chance to run the 1/4 with the blower and the gears, but I did like it on the street. I'll let you know as soon as I get this thing together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL.--Lotsaspray-- Reading your first post, I got a visual of that Direct TV Dish (I think) commericial where everybody hugs the guy who installed the dish for them. Did you give the UPS guy a hug? LOL.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saw31 said:
LOL.--Lotsaspray-- Reading your first post, I got a visual of that Direct TV Dish (I think) commericial where everybody hugs the guy who installed the dish for them. Did you give the UPS guy a hug? LOL.
Nagh, I almost punched him in the face. :lol:
Read my other post called UPS guy boned me. I think I posted it in Supercharger Forum. It's worth a few laughs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts