Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering...the two bolts that come with these pointers..do they replace the two bolts for the timing cover?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which one..the UPR or Richard?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was under the assumption that you had the UPR? Reichard Racing's is twice the price, but it looks a little more massive than UPR's. I can find a good photo on Reichards but not UPRs.:confused:

Thanks,
Lems:D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
BLING BLING! Ill stick with a stock one painted my choice in colors and keep my money!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Simple opinion man, that "if its not broke don't fix it" scenario. They are nice and pretty though, and definitely help the show appearance for people into that sort of thing (would look good with a nice balancer, and an electric water pump), and the adjustment, especially on the UPR piece, is good when running a balancer setup for early 28oz motors where the stock pointer doesn't show in the right place.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'd have to agree with d90212, that flimsy stamped steel factory timing pointer is easily bent out of adjustment. With most of these cars having some age and mileage on them, chances are great it has been off atleast once. If you were dumping some cash into an engine, I personally wouldn't trust it to a flimsy stock pointer. Besides, I would much rather spend $50 or so, than try to figure why my new couple grand engine keeps detonating, or blowing head gaskets, or whatever. Just a little bit of extra insurance, and they just happen to look nice too! I use the Reichard Racing pointer on my NMRA P/S engine, and it works great. Jim Reichard is just down the road from me, and was the first person/company to actually market one of these pointers. The quality is excellent, as he machines EVERYTHING himself.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have to agree with Brian as well, I bought a Reichard for my new Drag Radial combo also. Top notch quality and I was not even going to take a chance with the stock pointer.

The UPR pointer seems to look fine, the Reichard is beefer though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok, then once you get an adjustable timing mark pointer how do you dial it in so it is accurate??

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when my motor was on the stand it was at TDC so i just put the timing pointer so it was pointing at 0

if you were looken to replace your pointer you would put your engine at TDC then install the pointer so its pointer at 0...same thing pretty much..just when the motor is apart you can make sure its at exact TDC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts